33 | The Date

Priscilla slept resembling a toddler, fragile and dainty. It was seven in the morning and she usually wakes up at six, but it was her time to hibernate under the blanket as rays of sun seeping through the linen curtains permeated and darkened the chamber.

Viola and Marilyn were in their chambers. The fanatical mother refused to leave her daughter's side, albeit she was drowsy, and it reminded him of Josephine. They had met in the corridor when she wished to confirm if Priscilla was fine, as the lady missed her breakfast when Marilyn was watching Priscilla.

Josephine knew nothing of the witch, Willy and Harper. The potions, bones and herbs and Hudson planned to keep it just as it was. He had apprised her that Priscilla hibernating.

Hudson was meeting his father after the breakfast. They were in the study hall, where he had first revealed that Priscilla was a reincarnation or perhaps possessed, and this time he had news of delight, yet he kept fabricating lies and excuses to feed William.

He couldn't tell the truth of the offer he made to Katherine or the reincarnation thing to his father, yet he had not a single lie to utter. So, he clearly said the truth that Katherine had left Priscilla for the lifetime and he had done something that caused her departure from Crisalyus, but he refrained from uttering anything more or less to him.

William was pleased though he had developed a bit of despise for the Princess as he assumed she was a reincarnation, but that all vanished when his son surprised him with an information as such.

Hudson returned to Priscilla's chamber and command Marilyn to leave. The old lady needed rest, as she had a fever yesterday. She would only worsen her health, which had just bettered.

Hudson sat on the other side of the bed, reclined on the headboard with one leg extended on the bed and the other one brought up as his wrist rested on the knee, fingers touching the shin of his leg. He couldn't sleep, his eyelids repudiated to fall and close. The recent events rushed in and he had to sort his mind first.

Priscilla gripped the blanket and pulled it off, her eyes were closed as she whispered incoherently. Hudson glanced at her and calmly raised his voice. "Abigail," The handmaid sprinted inside and bowed. She had been walking back and forth outside of the chamber. "Bring Mrs. Anderson and Viola."

Hudson pressed her forehead tenderly and raced his hand through her locks till the friend and mother arrived. "Calm down, whatever it is, it is a dream."

Marilyn flung opened the door and Viola hissed at the force. She stooped beside Priscilla and shook her body when Brielle followed them with a glass of water in her hand. The handmaid splashed the water slightly, and Hudson walked out when Priscilla opened her eyes.

"Mom." Priscilla sat up, glimpsing around. She was hysterical, and Marilyn embraced her. "Shush, everything is fine, my dear." Viola smiled and told Brielle to leave. They had to tell Priscilla everything and it cannot happen in front of an outsider.

Viola began to palaver about everything, the reincarnation, the departure and the offer.

Hudson was waiting for Priscilla to wake up and allow him the freedom to do a deed and, as the Prince had planned, he ordered Andrew to send food and beverages mixed with the forgetting potions to Harper and Willy but by someone else. He wouldn't let his very loyal servant to leave.

When he was returning to his spouse's chamber, he eavesdropped on their conversation. "I'm- I'm free, I'm not a reincarnation." Priscilla smiled with an open mouth. She couldn't describe her feelings and she stared at her mother. "Mom, I'm not possessed." Marilyn nodded with tears in her eyes. "I'm just Priscilla."