7 |

𝖊𝖛𝖔𝖑𝖊𝖘 𝖚𝖙 𝖎𝖗𝖆 𝖇𝖗𝖊𝖛𝖊 𝖓𝖊𝖋𝖆𝖘 𝖘𝖎𝖙; 𝖗𝖊𝖌𝖓𝖆.

•••

Hues comprising the Khun Family palette were accentuated by the deepening moonlit night, as Khun Eduan wandered the outskirts of his estate under a spontaneous impulse to organize his thoughts. The sun long waned, setting beautifully across the shinsu-bound sky, leaving the torches made of suspendium-geode hybrids named Everburnas the only source of light illuminating the entirety of the territory, which was something he had personally commissioned from the master blacksmiths of the Workshop. The only proof of his visit being the shoeprints that barely dented the sands of fine crystalline.

Now Eduan had always upheld a sense of pride as someone who is able to appreciate the visually pleasing aesthetic of things, but the fact that whenever he takes the time to ponder over the landscapes that surrounded his estate never settled well. He is reminded of why he aimed to usurp his father in the first place. Of hopeless wishes and childish yesterday’s dreams. Of him.

His feet led him further away from the grandeur of his palace, towards the forgotten section of the estate— a land he had granted ownership to the Twenty-fifth Bam when the brunet ranked first in a monthly examination. It’s not like his insolent, carbon copy of a son hadn’t been using it without his permission before they even met, but having the Khun Family Head gift the title himself became the perfect excuse to solidify Bam’s position within Khun Eduan’s personal heirarchy, despite his foreign origins.

Fancy meeting you around here, Family Head. Are you lost, by any chance? Or perhaps,when Eduan regained his focus, he came across a small figure leaning against the final cabin's pavements— Khun Aguero Agnis, flashing a sarcastic grin, then a pin carved in the shape and color of middlemist reds came speeding toward the patriarch. You’ve found greater fulfillment in abducting your own vassals as a twisted form of entertainment?”

Ha Yurin.

The irregular confirmed as he caught the pin before it’s tip could pierce his eye. Anyone who had spent as much time alongside the woman as Eduan did could recognize the damn insignia anywhere in a glance, but this was a method only meant to be used as a warning for the living, or a symbol for the dead. So why was this left at the scene where the son of V was last seen?

‘Did she already discover his identity?’

As an attempt to contain his anger, a scornful chuckle escaped his lips as he tossed the object back to Aguero, electric blue eyes narrowing sharply. “We’re tyrants, A.A. Not perverts.”

“You and I both know there is a fine line between madness and desire.”

‘What a smartass.’ “Then I think you should know as well. That little one, self-destructs.”

The young Agnis cursed profusely after realizing that the now blinking item still settled on his palm. Impressively, in a fit of sheer panic, he reinforced the pin inside a field of shinsu before throwing it as far as he could towards the sky— an explosion releasing a piercing gust of wind occurring with only seconds to spare from blasting his limbs off.

“Why are you looking at me like all this is my fault?” the elder bluenet questioned with sickening innocence lacing his tone.

“Was that a normal ritual between the Great Family Heads? Because, you seemed too used to it.”