3: A different reunion

Chapter 3 title: A different reunion.

Chapter 3 summary: Oliver and Laurels reunion in 1x1 goes slightly differently.

Laurel Lance can't believe what she's seeing: Oliver Queen alive and walking towards her, his crystal blue eyes locked on hers as he weaves through her colleagues. Laurel puts the file in her hands on her desk as he gets nearer to her. She can smell his personal scent of vanilla body wash, smoke from a fire or two and sweat, her face splits into a smile as he smiles that Ollie smile that he smiles just for her, oh how she's missed that smile over the last five years. She must admit that a large part of her was pissed with Ollie when she found out her little sister, Sara, was onboard the Queen's Gambit with Ollie when it went down in the South China Sea but as the years went by, the anger inside her demolished and sadness and depression took over. She was sad that she lost the love of her life and her little sister all in one go. She was sad the love of her life was cheating on her with her own sister when Sara and Ollie had died. Laurel, along with Laurel and Ollie's  best friend, Tommy, Ollie's mother, Moira and his little sister, Thea, would never see Ollie again until it was discovered that he was, in fact, alive and had spent the last five years on an hellish island.

She can Ollie's smile widening with each step he takes in order to be closer to her, Laurel's own smile widens as she leaps into his open arms, her arms around his waist and resting on his muscled back, Ollie's own coming to stop on the small of her back, laughing as she's swung around by Ollie who doesn't care that she's in work or that her colleagues are looking at the pair with smiles on their faces at their reunion. Ollie puts her on the ground and Laurels head automatically finds its space on his chest, the thumping of his heart in her ear.

"Welcome home, Ollie." Laurel says gently. Her ever growing smile widens as he presses light a kiss to her hair.

"Thanks, Laurel," she hears him whisper. She's missed hearing his soft and calm voice in her ear.

Her Ollie is home and with him, a piece of Sara Lance.