Chapter 12

Leo was in the Foot Clan dojo trying to meditate. His eyes were scrunched tightly together. Suddenly Leo heard childish giggling. He opened his eyes to see himself in his mind scape with a younger version of himself standing in front of him. His younger self let out another laugh. Leo quirked an invisible eyebrow at the child. "You don't remember." Little Leo laughed. "Remember what? And why is that so funny?" Older Leo asked confused. "You don't even remember your family!" The child Leo giggled. "Why does everyone keep saying that?" Leo asked annoyed. Little Leo ignored his questions and began to run around. He circled the teenage Leo like a shark. "You don't remember. You don't remember. You don't remember." Baby Leo sung as he ran. "Shut up you annoying brat!" Leo said getting frustrated. The child version of himself took off running eventually fading from sight. Leo hugged his body and looked around his mind. Everything looked blurry and almost melted. "What's happening to me?" Leo asked scared. He dug his nails into his forearms nearly drawing blood. His meditation state was broken by Tiger Claw entering the dojo. He looked Leo up and down. "Master Shredder wishes to see you." Tiger Claw said emotionlessly. Leo swallowed down the thick lump in his throat. Splinter and the turtles stealthily surrounded the Foot Clan headquarters. "Are you sure we're ready for this?" Raph asked nervously. "The spell is prepared. Stick to the plan and we will not fail." Splinter said. Raph wished he could have the same confidence as his father. "Don't worry Raph, we got this! We're gonna get Leo back and kick Shred Head's butt!" Mikey said pumping his fist in the air. Donnie and Raph rolled their eyes at their younger brother's antics. Splinter couldn't hide the small smirk that grazed his lips. Leo walked in anxious silence to meet his master. He chewed on the inside of his cheek. Shredder looked menacing on his throne. He stared down at Leo, making the turtle feel puny. Leo stiffly bowed to his master. "Rise." Shredder said simply. Leo followed his order without question. "Tiger Claw said you wanted to see me master." Leo said keeping his voice steady. Shredder rose from his throne and walked to stand in front of the turtle. Leo was unsure of his master's intentions until Shredder raised his hand and he suddenly felt a sharp sting on his cheek. Shredder slapped Leo hard across his face. Leo's cheek tingled in pain and he heard a ringing in his ears. Leo looked up at his master, his eyes filled with fear. "I can feel your doubt in me, in our clan." Shredder said venomously. "No I would never!" Leo pleaded. Shredder struck his face once more. Leo could taste the coppery taste of blood in his mouth. "Silence! I know you're questioning me! I will not let you betray me or this clan!" Shredder spit. "Master I would never betray you please!" Leo begged. He felt fresh tears prickling at his eyes. "I told you shut your mouth!" Shredder yelled angrily. He raised his hand to strike Leo once more. Leo screwed his eyes shut, waiting for the blow. A shuriken cut through the air. It sliced across the exposed flesh on the Shredder's arm. He recoiled in pain and clutched his now bleeding arm. "Stop!" A voice commanded. Leo turned to see the rat mutant surrounded by his three turtles. Looks of fury covered their faces. "Hamato Yoshi." Shredder growled. "Keep your hands off my son!" Splinter demanded. "He's not yours anymore." Shredder said with a sick chuckle. "We're taking him back!" Raph yelled drawing out his sais. "You're welcome to try." Shredder said gesturing widely with his arms.