A coffee and a croissant

"I know but only 5 more minutes till we close and then you can go home and wallow in your sadness," my coworker said as she put the coffee beans into a container to use for the next day.

There was no one in the shop it was completely empty which meant no more serving customers.

The air had gotten a bit colder as the door went open and I saw a tall person in a black coat walking towards the books to I assume stand there for the remaining 5 minutes we had that were open.

Until I realized he was walking towards me. It was him. It was the man at the studio the one who kept making eye contact with me.

"Can I have a hot chocolate and a croissant please," he said as he placed a 10 dollar bill on the counter.

"Coming right up," I said back waiting for him to go sit down so I can bring him his food.

"Aren't you the girl from the studio. You have a very beautiful voice," he said as he placed another 5 in my tip jar.

I looked at him in confusion how did he remember me I had my head down Into the recorder the entire time.

"Thank you, I would say the same but I haven't heard you sing and I wouldn't want to lie." I replied with an honest answer. To which he laughed a little. I took the croissant and the coffee and handed it to him.

"We'll I hope to see you tomorrow...,"he said waiting for me to reply with my name  "zahra," I said back.

"Have a nice night zahra." He said walking out the door. The only noise filling the air was a chime to alert us when we had customers. As the air continued to blow cold into the now completely empty store. As my coworker had left previously of the encounter.

I grabbed my thing and Locked up for the night and went home to a home cooked dinner prepared by my roommate and the window opened while the house was filled with the smell of pasta and music from her home.

HEY YALL SO IM ACTUALLY SO HAPPY WITH HOW THIS TURNED OUT OMG AND ALSO I CAN JUST IMAGINE WHAT ITS LIKE OK ANYWAYS LOVE YALL BYEEEE