Chapter 7

Bruce and Britt Reid had lunch with Miss Pinkston at the Gotham Hampshire Hotel.

The lobby of the hotel had a fancy restaurant with models.

"We're completely neglecting Britt" said Miss Pinkston.

"No, I got the message, Pinky. Would I supply the third corner of today's triangle to tell you what I might know about the Green Hornet" said Britt.

"I do wish you two would quit flirting with models and pay a little attention to me" said Miss Pinkston.

"Britt's doing all the flirting. I'm outside feeding the dog" said Bruce giving Apricot the dog a treat.

"You can't expect me to devote my entire time to you, Bruce" said Miss Pinkston.

"Why not?" said Bruce.

"Because Britt's here too" said Miss Pinkston.

"That's right. I am" said Britt. 

"Well, where were we?" said Miss Pinkston.

"I'll line up Batman in case Green Hornet decides to invade your factory again tonight" said Bruce.

"And I'm to find out what the Green Hornet is up to in Gotham City" said Britt. 

"Oh, will you? I have so much at stake at that factory. I don't want any trouble" said Miss Pinkston. 

"I'll deliver Batman... if I can reach him, of course" said Bruce.

"And all information on the Green Hornet will be transmitted if I can get any. But aren't you mixing business..." said Britt.

"With pleasure, Pinky?" finished Bruce.

"Business is my pleasure, darlings. Well, Apricot, it's time for your pedicure" said Miss Pinkston. 

Bruce handed her Apricot as she said "You boys can fight over the check".

Then she left saying "Good day".

"Bye, Pinky" said Britt.

"Good day, Pinky" said Bruce.

"Who's idea was this?" said Britt to Bruce. 

"Pinky invited me to lunch and you invited her. Thank you" said Bruce. 

Colonel Gumm was at another table listening into the conversation.

A waiter approached him saying "I'm sorry, sir. The only alphabet soup we have is tomato, split pea and clam chowder".

"Oh too bad. You colonials are still so uncivilized. Well, I suppose I must go elsewhere" said Colonel Gumm.

Back at Bruce's table...

"I have to drop by my stamp dealer. He's a nice old gentleman named Boris Severoff. Though I think he sold me a bogus blue boar from Russian Samara" said Bruce. 

"I've been having the same trouble with my collection too. Paid a fancy price for some stamps that I don't think have a fancy value" said Britt.

"Why don't you come along?" said Bruce.

"Sure, love to. I don't have anything to do tonight until the publisher's convention. I'd invite you to that, but it's closed to visitors" said Britt.

"Same with me. Meeting of the Wayne foundation. Board Members only" said Bruce.