Chapter Seventeen

Paisley and I spent the whole weekend together.

She stayed Friday and Saturday night, along with all of Sunday. I was glad she was out of her mood she was in and was actually smiling but I was still worried about her mom.

Her grandmother came over once, asking about Paisley and if she was bothering me. I told her that she could stay as long as she needed.

That made her grandmother thank me and pull me into a hug. She told me that if it wasn't for me, she wasn't sure what Paisley would do when she was in a bad mood.

Paisley came to me for her problems, if not all of them. I was always there for her but I was glad she trusted me enough to talk to me about things.

As the weekend ended, Paisley was in a better mood and I was glad. I made sure she was all smiles when I dropped her off at school Monday morning.

"What happened this weekend?" Rose asks as we were walking in the school building.

I shrug as I shut my locker before leaning on it and looking over at her. "Paisley came over and stayed the whole weekend." I look around for a moment before meeting her eyes. "Apparently her mom is drinking again."

She stared at me in complete shock. "What. Are you serious?" She sighs before shaking her head and looking away. "Damn.. I hate that for her. So, she stayed with you?"

"All weekend."

We talked about Paisley and her mom before the bell rung, then went our separate ways to our first period class.

The morning went by pretty easy and we had a test in Physics. I saw Rose panicking as the teacher was telling us and I was too a little cause I didn't even know there was a test.

When lunch came around, Rose and I grabbed food from the cafeteria and sat outside to enjoy the weather.

It was starting to get a little more cool outside since we were at the end of September now, where the weather was changing and everything was starting to turn to fall.

"I can't believe we're already a month in." Rose sighs before laying back on the grass.

I nodded as I couldn't believe it either cause I knew this year was going to go by so fast.

"Is Miss Dawson here today?" Rose asks.

Looking over at her, she was shielding her eyes from the sun as she was looking at me. I shrug as I didn't know if she was or not cause I kind of made her leave my mind throughout the weekend.

I didn't think about her once.

She's just been off ever since she told me she liked me, and I still haven't told Rose. I figured she didn't need to know cause I wasn't making a big deal out of it.

I didn't give Miss Dawson an answer that day cause I didn't know the answer myself. I was still trying to figure out if I even liked her or if it was just a crush.

But now that I knew she liked me, it made me look at things differently.

So I was avoiding every thought about her.

We were sitting there, soaking up the sun and laying on the grass. I could feel a slight breeze and it was amazing as Rose was saying how she needed to go to the beach soon before it turns cold.

I think we were the only people in this school that sat outside and laid in the grass. I didn't care cause I knew we were different from everyone else, which made me glad cause I didn't want to be the same as everyone else.

"You have work tonight?" Rose asks as we were walking in the building when the bell rung.

I nod as I grabbed my Spanish book from my locker. "Yep. Always." I smile as we walked down the hall before going our separate ways.