Ch-33

Minutes passed. All that could be heard in the cave was *plink* sound of tears. Naruto was brought back to life. Nagato used his last ounce of chakra to exchange his life for Naruto's revival. He handed Naruto the duty to finish Akatsuki's mission. "The war is still being fought. Nagato-san protected the whole army from Toneri's attack."

Naruto didn't say anything but his killing intent was overflowing. Menma was breathing heavily due to just how the air had become. Menma was intimidated would be an understatement, he could feel the presence of limitless power in front of him. "We should go Nii-san....the army needs your help"

Naruto's eyes widened as he heard Menma addressing him as Nii-san. He himself was not so shocked as he knew the truth about his past. He placed his head on Nagato's body and gave his respect. Finally he conducted his final rites and placed Nagato's Akatsuki robe on top of the coffin.

"Menma" Naruto said in a deep voice "Where is he?..."

...............

The battlefield was just filled with sounds of shinobis painful groans. After Nagato's death no one was capable of rivaling Toneri. The army had lost their leader. Even Kages were helpless against Toneri. Konoha 12 was also exhausted and had no chakra left.

The army not only had lost their most powerful shinobi, but also was running low on chakra. With only half of the army left, the outcome was inevitable.
Yet every attack from Toneri was defended with all the efforts.

Narumi still swung the sword to defend Tailed-Beast bomb, Sasuke and Kakashi still used their Susanoo to protect the army, the army still tried new possible tactics......but all that just to be destroyed in mere seconds.

The familiar sound of Tailed-Beast bomb again originated from Ten-Tail's mouth. Toneri laughed evilly as he toyed with shinobis. He enjoyed his superiority and how the humans were overwhelmed by him.

"He is going to fire it again" said an exhausted shinobi.

"How long can Narumi , Kakashi and Sasuke defend us from it"

"I want to cry....my legs and hands hurt"

Narumi got ready to swing her sword again with visible fatigue on her face. With Menma missing, all the work of nullifying the bomb was on her. Her arms had no strength for another swing yet she stood in the front as she was responsible for lives of all the shinobis. "Narumi can you make an another swing?" Hinata asked.

"Y-yes don't worry about me" she replied. ''Where are you Nii-san?'

Soon the chakra bomb was fired at them at tremendous speed. She tried her best to lift the sword but failed. The ball of chakra was approaching close to her 'come on you can get another two swings come on' despite her repeated efforts her body defied to lift it up.

The bomb has approached close to her. All shinobis accepted their fate and waited for the sound of explosion.

Narumi also dropped the sword and landed on her knees.

Just then she sensed someone picking up the sword. All she could see was his blonde hairs before the person walked in front of her "Menma Nii-san" just when she said it she felt a hand on her shoulders. When she looked back her eyes widened as she saw Menma with a huge bright smile. "D-don't tell me"... Menma nodded to her mumbles as both of them looked at Naruto.

And then....in just one powerful swing the Tailed-Beast bomb was vanished in thin air. The swing was so hard that air currents formed by it even pushed back the shinobis behind Naruto.

Everyone's jaw dropped. 'Who is this guy?' was the question they all asked themselves. Hinata and Konoha 12 were not ready to believe their eyes. They were just standing there looking at Naruto without blinking an eye.