Please Come Back

~Liana's POV~

As I'm walking out of the patients' room Meredith walks up to me. "Oh, hey. What's up?" She has a weird look on her face. "Uh, nothing. Just met your fiancé. She seems really nice." She says with a weird twinge to her voice. I can tell something is up. I just don't know what it is. "I'm glad you got to meet her. And yeah, she's great." I pause for a moment. "Are you okay?" I ask. She has the same look on her face. Almost like she's seen a ghost.

"Uh, yeah, I guess. It's just- Alex- she said I seemed familiar. And she kind of seems really familiar too. So, that just kind of caught me off guard I guess." "Hm, weird. Well, I'm gonna go see her now. Probably get lunch or something." I say as I start to walk away from Meredith. She grabs my wrist before I can get far. "You told her about Derek?" The question catches me off guard. "Uh, yeah. I did. Did she mention something about him?" I say, with some concern in my voice. "Um, kind of. You know what, never mind. Forget it. I'll see you later." She says harshly before walking away.

"Well that was weird." I say under my breath before walking the opposite way to the attendings lounge. As I'm walking I hear someone say my name. "Liana! Oh my god you're back. I mean people were saying you were back but I didn't believe it but you are, you really are!" Jo says enthusiastically as she pulls me into a hug. "Well, I'm not back back, just visiting. And helping with a surgery." I say as we both pull away from the hug. "Are you ever going to come back permanently? I need you back here. Without Alex, I feel lost. I need someone here to be my rock to keep me from going insane." She says, with over-exaggerated hand gestures. "You know I'm not coming back. I'm sorry. I just can't. " I sigh. I've explained it Jo the least detailed so it makes sense that she's asking again. I just have to keep saying no. "Damn it. I mean, come on, we all need you back here. Not just me."

"Jo! I'm not coming back. End of story. I'm sorry." I say harshly as I walk backwards away from her. I bump into someone-Alex-thank god. "Hey. Is everything okay?" She says with concern in her voice. "Yeah. Everything is fine. Uh, do you want to go grab lunch? I'm starving." I say as I glance behind me to see if Jo waked away yet. She's staring at us. When she locks eyes with me, she turns to walk away. I feel bad for snapping at her. She honestly hasn't been pressuring me nearly as much as everyone else has. But she's also the only one who knows the least of why I won't come back.

"Uh, yeah lunch sounds good." Alex says as we both head towards the elevator. "There's this one little place down the street I think you'll like. I'm certainly not subjecting you to hospital cafeteria food." I say with a small laugh. I'm trying to just focus on the fact we leave in two days. I hate being here. "Is the food here really that bad?" She says with a small twinge to her voice. "I mean it could be worse but like not something you would willingly pick if there was a better option." I say as we get onto the elevator. As the doors start to close, a hand pops through to stop them. It's Maggie. "Oh, sorry Maggie." I say as I press the button to open the doors. "You're good." She says as she steps into the elevator. "Oh, you're Alex, right?" She says as she looks at Alex. "Uh, yeah. Nice to meet you. "Alex says as she gives a small wave and smile to Maggie.

~Alex's POV~

As Maggie walks out of the elevator, the doors closing behind her. I contemplate for a moment before speaking. "So, I met Meredith. She seems really nice. She kind of seemed... familiar. I don't know, probably nothing. Everyone has been super nice." She hesitates for a moment, her lips parting before closing again. She finally speaks. "Yeah. Meredith said you seemed familiar to her too. She seemed really weird about it though. I mean, she does get really weird about things." I give a small nod, followed by the elevator doors opening. As we exit the elevator, heading to the doors to exit the hospital.