CHAPTER 12: STUDIO

Ash was exhausted. He'd spent the whole day with the band recording the first song of the new ep. That meant hours of drumming and now all they wanted to do was curl up in his boyfriends arms. It had been two months since they got together and they couldnt be happier. Ash smiled at the thought of him as they collapsed onto the drumkit with a loud noise.

He could feel Wren's disapproving look but ignored her, instead looking over at where Bea was helping Cable with his part on the bass. Cable had joined as a bassist to give Wren the chance to focus on her singing and bring the band in a new, more mainstream direction. Ollie was in another room, talking through something with their producers.

So far they had two songs with the recording finished, one that they were recording that day and another that they would be recording the next day. It was a tiring schedule but it was worth it to have new music out in time for their next tour.

Suddenly the door to the studio opened, shaking the redhead from their thoughts. It was Ranboo and Tommy, delivering food and drinks to the band and their team. The shorter had started hanging around with the band a lot after hearing that they'd be touring with Lovejoy and never missed an opportunity to try to convince Ollie to let him play a song with them. So far the older had never let him.

Tommy brought his handfuls of food and drinks into the room where Trix, Alec and Leah were sitting with the recording team. Trix worked at the studio, which is where she and Ollie had first met, while Alec and Leah were there for emotional support. Noah and Cyra would probably be around later too, to make sure no one had killed each other.

(a/n i forgot i already had a noah when i named ranboo noah in my other book fucking hell im dumb, anygays moving on)

Mark on the other time came straight into the studio to give sustenance to the band. "Hey Marz," Ash grinned, suddenly filled with energy. "Hi darling, you doing ok?" The American smiled down at them. The redhead hummed a response and took their donut and coffee from the taller gladly.

Ranboo sat on the floor beside their stool, leaning his head on their hip and watching him practice a pattern. He guessed that someone would take a picture of them but he didn't care. He was with his favourite person.

Mark looked up at the redhead, the way their bright hair perfectly framed their round face, how their pale skin glistened with sweat, the studio lights reflecting in his eyes. Ranboo was in love and there was no denying it.

After a few hours they'd finally finished recording the third song of the ep. Ash, Wren and Bea's voices were destroyed from hours of singing and they were all exhausted.

However Ranboo, Tommy, Alec, Leah, Cyra an Noah claimed to have done just as much work as the band and producers by doing the snack and coffee runs.

The starbucks next door proved them wrong.