Chapter 27

Matthews Dunlop.

I couldn't get enough of what happened last night at my crib. My feelings were all mixed up from the sweet sensation and weird action that was caused. She kissed me and not just slightly. Her lips locked on mine causing her tongue to thrust into my mouth. It felt good and I enjoyed how it made me feel even though it was the wrong moment for it to happen. But I couldn't stop wondering what led her to kiss me. What was she feeling? Does she feel the same way for me this whole time? We weren't able to talk about her feelings after I said mine.

This felt awkward. My friendship was over. Something I was afraid of losing due to the way I developed feelings. She never said anything after that. I needed to get clarification. Maybe she was a bit sad after Kadjiri mocked her ass up at the party. His audacity for me. I wished I caused him more injuries than the bruises he had. It was sad watching my best friend being the victim of his silly games. She was blinded by feelings which made her not listen to the things I had to say back then. Maybe it wasn't love but I can't decide or speak for what she felt in her heart.

For a moment, I worried a bit about how she was doing and the things she might be going through. Putting a call to her won't be a bad idea at the moment but after what happened last night, she'd put me on her ignoring list. Was she intoxicated? I doubt. She never drank any alcohol since when we were little. Poor Elena would be on her sleeping bed, wondering why she didn't listen to her only best friend.

I lay on my bed staring at the ceiling. I smiled at it for it looked very beautiful at that point. My mind was relieved a bit since I tried not to worry much about the tight situation I was in. I took a deep breath and exhaled loudly. My mind was all made up to see Elena in her crib. This opportunity shouldn't be missed.

Mom and dad sat in the parlor watching some news on the television. The plan was to sneak out without getting noticed since they liked getting into my business all the time. Something my mom was known for especially. She never heard me complain about it but it was hard to keep up. They were all concentrating on their screen as they enjoyed each other's presence, wrapping themselves up in their arms. All my eyes could see what love in the air. It hurt when you can relate to that kind of feeling. Cuddling your partner so tightly while laying on the cushion and staring at something beautiful. I was happy they were able to stay together for this long. Well, I needed to get a love story for myself.

"Not so fast young man," I heard mom's voice as I tiptoed towards the exit door, finally almost reaching for the door handle. She was still watching her favorite Tv show with dad while I paused at the sound of her voice, waiting for her head to turn back.

"How did you know I was leaving? You both were glued to the screen basically," I was still standing, looking shocked at how she sensed my movement. Probably I should've been honest from the start.

"Matthew I'm your mother," she said in a high pitch. She was right, being all sensitive about her environment and what went on around it. I shouldn't be surprised since she had been like that since I was a kid. Anytime I try to sneak out or do something secretively, she'd always find out about it. She had her ways. My job was to head out before she get all suspicious.

"Where are you going to?" She asked further.

"I'm going out to see a friend," I answered, still standing and looking uneasy. She doesn't have to know my whereabouts.

"Since when did you start lying about your outings?" Dad added. It shouldn't be getting more intense than this.

"I'm not being secretive. You guys don't have to go know everything," I rolled my eyes and folded my arms. That was me being a drama queen.

"Do you have a girlfriend already? Honey, I think our son is in love," Dad faced mom and they all got giggly. If they didn't stop me, I'd have been getting myself a girlfriend by now.