Chapter 1: The mystery caller

She almost fainted as she looked down in terror. Pale. She just killed her ex-boyfriend. She just got her heart broken and now she was going to jail for killing the guy she loved forever. She's ruined.

"Sandra!" A woman's voice suddenly echoed all over the place. It was like from a very huge megaphone, one that the police would use whenever they're trying to ask a criminal to put his hands up and surrender.

Sandra anxiously looked around to see where the voice was coming from. At the back of her mind she had thoughts of running away or jumping into the lake to drown and just disappear.

But there was no one around. No police cars. It was just her.

"Sandra!"

There goes the voice again, calling her, but this time it was even louder.

"Sandra!"

She turned back to the lake and it has now become a blood pool. She cried and stepped back.

The voice kept calling her name, louder and louder. "Sandra! Sandra!"

She covered her ears tightly with her hands as she knelt down the wooden boardwalk. A spot of Matt's blood tainted her knees. She was breaking down. She couldn't breathe. The moonlight went intensely bright, too bright that it was hurting her eyes. Everything turned white and the voice wouldn't stop calling her.

"Stop it! Stop it!", she cried and shut her eyes tight.

***********************************************

"Wake up!" the voice exclaimed. Pak!

Sandra felt a painful slap on her left cheek. She abruptly opened her eyes and bounced up from the sofa to a sitting position, catching her breath. Mascara smudged around her eyes and made streaks of dark lines down her cheeks. Tear lines. She looked like a mess.

"What the hell did you just dream about?" a girl with huge curls and obvious cleavage line asked her. Anna was Sandra's best friend. Though they were physically different, Anna being the hot one and Sandra being the plain Jane, they get along pretty well. Anna was the outgoing type, with a Spanish descent she got from her father and a Caucasian mom; she made quite a resemblance of Nicole in PCD, but only she had curly hair and was much whiter.

Sandra wasn't ugly. Her natural straight black hair and long eye lashes were one of her assets. But she was just too simple, physically. The only reason why girls envied her in college was because she's got Matt, the rich kid, and because she's really got good grades.

Anna looked at Sandra disgustedly as she placed her hands on her hips. "I can't believe I will be seeing you one day looking like this. You were plain wasted last night and now you look even worse."

Sandra was still trying to let things sink in. She finally caught up with her breath but her heart was still pounding like crazy. She's trying to remember things. Last night? What happened last night?

Slowly a splitting headache came to her. She placed her hands on her head to put some pressure on it.

"Are you okay?" Anna asked.

Sandra looked at the red carpet on the floor that reminded her of the blood pool. So it was just a dream, a very bad dream. She turned to Anna.

"I had a nightmare," she started, "It was so real".

She glanced at herself in mirror across the room. Her image almost startled her; the mascara stains on her face, her crazy hair, the huge silver earrings dangling from her ears, the short skirt and the black boots that she was still wearing, they all didn't make sense. Worse than that, she was wearing Anna's black tube with a huge word in the middle that said 'B*TCH'. "What did we do last?"