Eleven: Catch Me If You Can. Part Two.

Later, Ellie, Elena, and Jeremy arrived home Ellie and Elena stared at the dining room table, seeing all the weapons set out...

"Jeremy, it's over. You can put all this away." Ellie said.

"Klaus still wants me to finish the mark. He's not gonna stop." He said, cocking a gun.

"Well, Damon's going to be back soon. We can figure something out." Elena says.

"Seriously? You still trust Damon?" Jeremy asked.

"He saved your life." Said Elena.

"No, he saved the map to the cure. He couldn't care less about Jeremy." Ellie said.

"Right." Jeremy says, nodding in agreement.

"Well, we care about you." Elena said.

Ellie rested her hand on his arm and he knocked it off.

"Don't. Whatever's inside of me that makes me want to hunt, right now it's in overdrive. And I don't want to hu..." Jeremy said.

"Jeremy!" Elena shouted and gasped.

Ellie looked down at the stake in Jeremy's hand that was near her stomach.

"Remember, find the detour." Elena said.

Jeremy lifted the stake and backed away from Ellie. Jeremy blinked and placed the stake back down on the table.

"I'm sorry. I don't know why I grabbed that. I know what I have to do, Ellie. I really want to get that cure for you... but I just- I don't know how I'm gonna do this."

Back with Stefan and Rebekah, they were still in Shane's office

Stefan paced and Rebekah watched him.

"She'll be fine, you know."

"So much random crap in here." He said.

"Crap, maybe. Random, no. Looks like Shane has a bit of an afterlife fetish. Hopi prayer feathers, a Han Dynasty soul vase... and that is a Polynesian sacrificial knife. Brutal way to die, but at least you appease the gods."

"Since when did you become an artifact expert?" He asked.

"I enjoy other cultures, Stefan. I know that might be hard for you to understand... considering you're dating a child who only thinks about you and herself."

He looked down and growled, throwing a knife at her, and she caught it inches from her face.

"Okay, that was a little mean. It took me a thousand years and hundreds of betrayals... to realise that love and caring ruins you. Well, for me. Not you and Ellie."

"Well, that's awfully bleak." He said.

"Quite the opposite. It's liberating, actually."

She ran her hand up his chest and he grabbed it, removing her hand and dropped it.