Strange Mates - Chapter 23

A/N: Big thanks to all my avid readers!! You guys are amazing!!! 

So here is the next chapter...there won't be many more after this at all...so Enjoy!! 

Much Love...Dannii xx

Chapter 23

*2 days Later*

Ryan’s P.O.V

Walking downstairs in the now familiar pack house I smiled. Life had been bliss as of late. But then again how could it not have been. I’d spent the last two days solid with my beautiful mate. No we didn’t do anything exciting, just watched films and other things. But it didn’t matter what we did, that wasn’t what was important. What was important was that we were together. I sighed in contentment as I headed to Zylen’s office. I had to come out of hiding per say eventually. I mean I had a loyalty to the pack now. To Kalix, my beautiful mate. I smiled at thoughts of her. “You are so whipped.” Ace teased walking towards me. I laughed. “Ah well. So will you be boy when you find your mate” I said teasingly. Ace was one of the pack members that despite his original frosty reception, had accepted me so well. Maybe it was because he was Jace’s brother, I did not know. But whatever his reasoning’s I was thank full for his company when I needed some guy time. “Nah not me. I won’t allow myself to get walked all over” Ace said and I just laughed. “You just wait” I said laughing before turning to knock on the office door. “Yeah right” I heard Ace mutter before he disappeared. I just laughed. That boy would learn one day. For now he was young and naïve. I smiled remembering when I had been like that. I was so wrapped up in past memories I didn’t even realise Zylen had opened the door. “Ryan?” he asked sceptically. “Oh…Erm sorry Alpha” I said bowing my head. Sometimes I didn’t half make a fool of myself in front of him. ‘Good for showing your up to whatever task’ I thought to myself miserably. “Can I help you Ryan?” he asked. “I was just wondering if there was anything you needed me to do?” I asked him, keeping my gaze to the floor. Afterall eye contact with an Alpha usually meant a challenge. I doubted this was the case with Zylen, but hey best not to test the theory when your not fully initiated into the pack yet. “You could run the perimeter checks if you want. Relieve some of the guys.” Zylen said and I nodded. “Right away” I said, shifting as I ran off the back porch. It had been awhile since I had been in my panther form, and because of this my panther had been rather aggravated. I mean he loved being with our mate as much as I did, but he would of preferred it if we had spent some time together outside in animal form. He wanted to play with Kalix’s wolf. I grinned at the thought. Imagine what sort of a sight that would be. Then I remembered it was the same sort of pairing that Harley and Zylen had. Just Zylen was the wolf and Harley was the panther. I wondered if they’d shifted together yet. Thinking about it probably not. They had been rallying around trying to get the pack back in form after the few deaths we suffered in the retrieval of Harley. That and they had a four year old that took up what bit of spare time they had. She took up more of Harley’s time than Zylen’s. But then the pack took up more of Zylen’s time than Harleys so I guess it balanced itself out.