Strange Mates - Chapter 1

A/N: So this is the first story I have posted on here...Its by no means finished but I don't know if I should continue it....What do you guys thinkies!! 

Read and Lets me know :P 

Dannii xx

Chapter 1

Harley's P.O.V

"Beep, Beep Beep!!!" The alarm clock let of its shrill ring, making me groan in protest before rolling over and slamming a hand down on the top to silence the damn thing. Muttering I rolled out of bed and ran a hand through my hair. 'Well looks like I have to finally face school' I grumbled. Its not that I didn't want to go, its just that...well who wants to be the new girl really? I know I as hell didn't. But I didn't have a choice in the matter, my family had had to move from our old house, so it looked like I was stuck with it. Sighing I got up and headed to the bathroom to start getting myself presentable.

After fussing with my hair for over 10 minutes,I sighed and left it to fall down my back in loose waves. It wasn't exactly co-operating with me anyway. The smell of pancakes had my rushing to dress quickly after my stomach rumbled alerting me it was hungry. One last check in the mirror assured me there wasn't much I could do to fix myself. I'd decided on a simple orange tank and black skinny jeans teamed with white converse and a black jacket I thought it seemed less likely to attract to much unwanted attention when I got to school. My stomach growled again, reminding me I was running out of time and I had yet to eat. Grabbing my backpack I ran downstairs and grabbed a plate of steaming pancakes from the side. My mouth watered and I sat down and tucked in swiftly, knowing I didn't have long left. The pancakes tasted like heaven in my mouth and I sighed like a cat in content. 

"Harley, for god sake are you nearly ready to go! you're going to be late at this rate!!" my mother screamed from the living room. Sighing I got up in defeat, drained a glass of orange and headed towards where my mother stood tapping her foot impatiently. My mother was by no means a tall woman, she was about 5ft 4" and she was skinny but with the right amount of curves, a face that looked younger and more innocent than she was and curly brown hair, that fell down her back and curled round her face. She was dressed in a nurses outfit and I knew then why she was so annoyed about my dithering. She was going to be late for work. Guilt racked through my body and I dropped my head and stared at the floor. "I'm sorry" I muttered at her while passing her quickly. I heard her sigh and waited for the lecture i'm sure was coming. "Harley, honey. I'm sorry for shouting, I know you don't want to start a new school, but you know why we had to move, don't you honey?" she looked at me a soft almost sorry expression on her face. I just nodded and dropped my gaze once more feeling more guilty for making her feel bad. After-all it wasn't her fault we had to move, we just couldn't afford to stay in our old home, after dad left us she had tried her best to make everything work, but no matter the hours she put in at work, she just couldn't get ends to meet. I looked up to meet her gaze and she was watching me intently, I knew she blamed herself for driving my dad away when really it was his own doing, after-all you don't just accidentally sleep with other women do you now. At this thought the anger for my father became my dominant emotion and I shook with the force of it, then suddenly I was encircled by my mother's arms, she was trying to soothe me. "Harley, calm down. It will be fine you know, you don't have to get yourself so worked up" I quickly calmed down, shaking away the thoughts of my father, he wasn't even worth it to be honest, I don't even know why I gave him my head space. Looking up at my mother I smiled slightly. "I know mum, we will be fine" I hugged her then headed for the car knowing if I stood there any longer she'd be back moaning that she was going to be late for her first shift at the hospital just outside of town.