The Prince and his Bodyguard

AU: Charlie is an English Prince and Nick is his bodyguard.

TW: eating disorder

Charlie's POV

I sighed heavily as I flung myself onto the bed. I took in a couple of deep, yet ragged breaths. The day was too much for me already and I had yet so much on my schedule. Sometimes I truly hated my life.

'Are you ready, Cha-, Your Highness?' asked Nick, my bodyguard as he stuck his head into my room

I looked up slightly to look at his gorgeous face. His face was neutral, as always, but I saw something in his eyes, some emotion.

'Give me a minute more, please' I answered heavily as I laid back down

'Of course' he said so softly that it made my heart skip a beat

None of my bodyguards have been as kind to me as he was. He was quite new and just a year ago he got upgraded to being my main bodyguard. He was kind to me, he actually listened to me when I asked for a few minutes of peace and he was very good looking. He caught my breath the first time I met him. He had big, strong arms that were always engulfed in a suit, that I just knew he hated wearing. His face was covered in small freckles, but you could only see them if you stood close to him, which I had the pleasure to do a few times.

I was startled out of my thoughts, when I felt his hand shaking me gently.

'We need to get going, Your Highness' he said softly

'I can't do this' I whispered as my voice broke a little

'Char-' he began, but as realization hit him, he gasped

'It's okay' I reassured him before he could spiral and apologize for calling me by my name

'I'm so tremendously sorry' he said anyway

I sat up on the bad, laid my hand holding onto his and as I looked into his eyes I said

'It's okay. You're forgiven. It actually makes me feel human when you slip up and call me by my name'

'I still am not allowed to do so' he said sheepishly

'No one's around and I want you to say my name' I said softly

I realized how weird and sexual that sounded a tad too late though. Nick's cheeks got red and I'm sure I looked the same. He then coughed awkwardly and helped me up.

'Let's go. We've got a few more things left on the schedule. Let's get them over with' he said with a small smile

'Thank you' I said as I squeezed his hand and then I made my way to the car

'We can get through this' he reassured me as he led me to the car

I had butterflies all day whenever I looked at Nick. He caught me staring a few times and I saw him swallow hard. I really hoped that he wasn't weirded out. We had one too many loaded moments for it to be only one sided though.

I was exhausted when we came back to the palace. I didn't eat a lot and my blood sugar was dropping fast. I felt dizzy from the moment I got out of the car. Nick was walking a few steps behind me, telling me something that I simply couldn't comprehend at the moment.

'Are you okay?' I heard faintly as I stumbled

He caught my arm to steady me, but that didn't do much good since moments later I felt myself drift away.

'Charlie?' I heard his panicked voice as I came to it

I was on the ground in Nick's arms. He was holding onto me tightly as he propped my feet upwards on his knee.