Chapter Three: One Last Goodbye

Skylar's POV:

We've spent an hour in the car driving from the zoo to the airport. As we're getting closer to the airport, I begin to feel nervous. What am I feeling nervous for? This is what I want, right? 

It's getting worst when I think about it the butterflies are eating up from the inside out. It's making me feel sick. I think I'm-

"Are you okay there Sky?" Charlie asks as he places his hand on top of mine, interrupting my thoughts.

I lean my head away from the the car window and look up at him. "Yeah, just feel, I don't know it's like I have a million of butterflies fluttering everywhere in my stomach and it's kinda making me feel sick."

"Want to crack open a window? Let some air in?"

I nod and he opens the window for me from his key panel on his door. The cool crisp air hits me instantly as I close my eyes taking in the full effect and a slow deep breath. God this feels so good.

"Better?"

I nod, "Much. Thank you." I open my eyes and look back him. He flashes a warm smile which make me smile and feel more at ease. It's like he's the medicine that I needed to make everything go away, the nerves, the illness, confutation, everything. I take in another deep breath and let it out slowly. "Thank you." I say again.

"For what?" He looks at me puzzled then back at the road.

"For spending my last day here with me, inviting me to the zoo with you guys, and driving me to the airport."

"Oh it's no problem at all really, I enjoyed having you with us. I always do but umm, I was actually hoping you would be in the diner today, so we could ask to come anyways and even if you weren't there I was going to call anyways."

My cheeks flush making them feel warmer than what they already are. I smile "Oh well, I'm glad I was at the diner too." I bite my lip nervously as well as to make me stop me from smiling too much. I don't like it when I smile too much, makes me feel like a weirdo. "Charlie?"

"Hmm?" He hums as a question not peeling his eyes from the road.

I open my mouth to say something but I don't, no words are forming what so ever. Why can't I talk now? 

I closed my mouth immediately so I wasn't looking stupid. I looked around trying to start us something but then I noticed something. As I look down I see he's still holding my hand. 

He's holding my hand, a crowd of "awes" are running through my head. That's cute, "You're holding my hand..." I blurt out. Fuck why did I just do that? I'm mentally face palming myself for that.

"Oh...sorry..." his says hesitantly as he looks down for a split second then takes his hand back. Son afterwards he starts to move awkwardly in his seat, re-positioning himself.

"What? No! You idiot why did you say anything? He was fine!" My subconscious yells as she crosses her arms at me. "He was being cute again without him knowing he was, and you blew it. Way to go!"

I huff in annoyance to myself and focus myself to looking out the window again saying another word.

 It was an idiot move to say out loud, although it wasn't my intention to. My big mouth of mine saying things that aren't suppose to be said out loud again. I swear this mouth of mine is going to be me into trouble someday.

After about another ten minutes of being in the car full of silence again, we're finally here at the airport.

Charlie parks the car in an empty space that the closes to the door. He turn the ignition off and just sits there. Why is he just- never mind I'm just gonna go before anything else happens.