eleven

• Sidney •

"So... Are you gonna tell me what happened or are we gonna pretend that you two totally didn't kiss?" Cass currently sat at the counter in Sidney's kitchen. She'd insisted on coming over despite Sidney's best efforts to convince her not to. He knew that she would end up interrogating him and he really just wasn't in the mood for it today.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He shrugged, taking a bite of the sandwich that sat in front of him.

"Sid, I'm not an idiot. You and I both know I cancelled to give you two some alone time, and you have been all smily since I got here. It doesn't take a genius to see that you kissed him."

"Maybe we just had a good time and I'm happy." She gave him a pointed look across the counter. How could this girl be so goddamn good at reading people? "Okay, fine. We kissed. Happy?"

Cass smiled, happy with herself for finally getting the information out of him. Sidney probably should have told her about everything last night, then she wouldn't be sitting in his kitchen, drilling him with questions right now, but clearly that's not what happened.

"You have to give me more than that. I'm like, your best friend, I need all the details. Who kissed who? How did it happen? Did you act like an idiot after and act like nothing happened?"

Sidney rolled his eyes, pondering over his next words carefully before he responded. "He kissed me. We were talking about Perseus and how the Gods liked to sleep around and it just kinda happened."

"Oh, so you wooed him with your nerd stuff. Shocking."

"Shut up, Cass. You act like you weren't the one who got me into it when we were kids." If the two weren't sitting so far apart, he wouldn't slapped her arm, but instead he just sat there.

She sighed, rolling her eyes at her cousin. "But seriously, did you guys talk about it?"

Sidney shook his head, not meeting Cass' eyes. "No... But it wasn't awkward. We just kept hanging out."

"Are you gonna talk about it?"

"I don't know, probably." She gave him another look across the counter, making his face go red. "Okay, fine. Maybe I don't exactly want to talk about it, but it's not like I'm never going to talk to him again."

Cass just smiled and continued eating, which Sidney was very grateful for. He loved his cousin, but she really knew how to drain all of his energy sometimes

~~~

When Cass had finally left, Sidney flopped down on the sofa in his living room. His parents had been out at work all day, so he'd had the house to himself. Well, he'd had it to himself before Cass came over to interrogate him. Now, he was finally alone again, and able to sit in silence with his thoughts.

Should he talk with Nick about the kiss?

Sure, it was pretty obvious that it meant something to Sidney, but what if it didn't mean anything to Nick? What if it was just a spur of the moment thing and he regrets it? They'd texted when Sidney woke up in the morning, but there was no mention of what had happened. On top of everything, Sidney wasn't even entirely sure of what this meant for him. He hadn't given much thought to his obvious infatuation with the other boy, but it was pretty obvious that he had developed feelings for him. But what does that mean? He shouldn't ask Cass, she'd make an excuse to come back over and his social battery still hadn't recovered from earlier. Off the top of his head, the only other person he can think to ask is Nick. But, surely, that's a horrible idea and the only thing that it'll lead to is exposing himself.