Who is angry now (part 1)

In the numbness of pain, Malachi sensed a female scent. The sweet scent of daisies woke him up from his drugged state. The vile human king had left him chained to the wall, hanging by his arms. His legs could barely hold him up. He was losing a lot of blood from having been shot with obsidian bullets. Something his body couldn't push out on its own so he could heal.

Malachi had tried to use his muscle strength to push the stones out from his body but after pushing out a few he got tired. The rest were also placed deeper and he didn't succeed in pushing them out so he remained enduring the pain and bleeding out.

As the scent came closer, Malachi felt his rage grow. He refused to look weak in front of the enemy so he forced himself to stand up straight. His gaze quickly moved to the entrance and his eyes caught her slender form clad in white. Again. She must love the color and it made her look like the daisies she smelled like.

That was until one looked into her eyes. Those cold eyes that settled on him as she walked further in and stood right across from him. Her eyebrows furrowed slightly. Did the sight of him make her feel bad for him? He didn't want her pity or sympathy or anything. He hated that white slender vile human being.

Slowly the frown left her face and was placed by that cold, empty look he knew her for. She truly lived up to her name. Women were often kinder, warmer. He had never seen a woman like her before. Human or dragon.

He stared back into her eyes. They were an icy blue, sharp and piercing. Her soft pink lips were always either drawn into a straight line or twisted with disgust. Her nose stood straight and proud. Her gaze traveled along his body and then she turned away to place the tools she brought with her on the floor.

Malachi would have thought she brought those tools to torture him had she not looked away so quickly. But perhaps she would surprise him and try. Why would she otherwise bring those tools?

She placed everything in order on the ground and then pulled out the legs of a portable chair. She put her notebook and pen on it. Then she pulled out a dagger from the small bag she had with her and suddenly turned around crossing the distance between them.

What was she doing? He panicked.

Every time he thought she would stop to keep a safe distance she walked closer until she stood right in front of him. Yes, he was chained and some of them came to him this close to take his blood but if they were only going to torture him then they kept their distance. What would she do with the dagger?

"Obsidians are painful. You must have suffered a lot." She said with a straight face. Not mockingly or sympathetically. Only as if stating facts. "Just suffer a bit more." She said and then stabbed him with the dagger.

Malachi's body strained in pain as he fought the urge to groan. He would not give her that satisfaction. He felt the knife twist in his body and when she pulled it out, he felt some kind of relief.

It took him a moment to realize she pulled out the obsidian stone from his body.

No!

"What are you doing?" He hissed pulling at the chains to free himself.

"Not in a good mood today, I see." She said without looking at him. She went to pull out the stone in his arm.

"Don't touch me! I don't need your help!" He would rather let her torture him.

She looked at him with dead eyes. "Who said I am helping? Don't flatter yourself." She stabbed him with the knife again and pulled out those painful obsidian stones. No, he didn't want to feel this relief of pain.