CHAPTER 7: WORK SMART VS WORK HARD

One of life's greatest mysteries follows the question: the chicken, or the egg? Which came first?

Which one do you follow or work by? Should you work smarter and faster? Or should you work harder which may lead to more time to accomplish your goal?

According to my research intertwined with personal experience, I prefer both. It depends on which should I use and at which timing or task. Sometimes, an architecture student may face a task that needs meticulous analysis and 150+ hours of research, preliminary design, and implementation to reach their desired goal. In this case, one could research smartly and minimize the amount of effort produced in research to allocate it in the amount of preliminary design. That is when working smart comes in handy. Or in the case of writing a story, whichever topic you may research to produce your desired outcome, you could allocate a tremendous amount of research into writing the story. Why work smart and not hard? It can save you time and energy that you may need to prioritize other tasks within your project. Not all tasks are worth hard work but need smart maneuvering to finish and get on to the next one. For example, finishing tedious tasks such as planning your schedules, going through emails, and responding to clients or agents in a timely manner, in order to allow space for work throughout the day.

On the other hand, there comes a time when one needs to work hard in order to gain a creative edge that helps them shine amongst their peers. That is when working hard could come in handy. Why? It's because without that creative edge, or working on adding up to one's experiences in an ever-evolving market could limit one from growing; hence, would lead that person to become obsolete in their field of work.

Neither are bad, not good. One should develop a sense of where to allocate their energy, time, and resources and how so they can obtain their goals effectively.

In addition, when I integrated both into my work in progresses, whether in writing stories or in creating projects, each gave me the power to move forward with my tasks and objects to attain my desired goal. As a student it was to reach a good great, and as an aspiring writer it is to write inspiring stories.

Fun fact: the chicken came first, as the egg needs a considerable amount of body heat that only a chicken can provide when it lay on it. In addition, there are some enzymes and nutrients the chicken's body provides for the egg to survive and allow the chick to develop inside it.

Alas, the mystery question of the lifetime isn't as mysterious after all, isn't it?