Chapter two

Lucy's POV

When lunch time came around I rushed to the cafeteria, trying to find Sarah.

I looked over to where we sat the other week and she was sitting there with a, boy.

What, I left for a week and she already had a boyfriend to replace me.

Why didn't she tell me ?

I walked over, hoping she was still going to want me as her friend.

She saw me coming and quickly moved across patting the empty slot, gesturing me to sit.

Immediately as i sat down I felt her tight hug almost strangle me as I put my lunch tray down.

"Oh my god, I've missed you so much," she said so enthusiastically as she let me go.

"Me too," I said trying to breathe again. Man, I missed her so much, I was just about to say that something when I realised there was a boy there.

I whispered into Sarah ear not trying to make it to obvious.

"Um Sarah, who is that quite good looking boy doing here," I said trying to not make it look like I was talking.

"Oh thats Zach, " she said glancing at him,"he's in my maths class, and yeah we kind of, hit it off ", she gave a little shrug of the shoulders at the end of her sentence.

Oh my god I couldn't believe that I was gone and she already had someone in her grasp, but I'm not surprised she is beautiful and any guy would love to be with her.

She quickly laughed at something he said before she introduced me to him.

"So Zach this Lucy and Lucy this Zach," she said smiling. I love when she is so happy, it makes me feel happy knowing that my best friend is enjoying life.

He looked at me and pulled out his hand in a shaking motion saying,

"Hi Lucy, I've heard so much about you," I shook his hand quickly responding.

"I wish I could ay the same back," I said giving Sarah an questionable look,"but it really nice to meet you,"

I looked at Sarah waiting for her to say something.

"I'm sorry okay I was going to tell you," she said," I just didn't want to tell you because you were sick and I know that the minute I would have told you, you would have jumped out of bed and came to school". She said it with kindness and honesty that I had to forgive her.

"True," I said, but she was right I would have come to school,even if I was sick.

"Best friend ever," she said singing the last word.

I went back to eating my food while she talked to Zach.

I was playing with my spaghetti when I saw a glimpse of a person sitting down.

Then I heard a deep,sexy voice speak,

"Sorry guys, the girl I was making out with was a total bitch," I looked up only to see Tyler. I was disgusted that he just discarded girls like they were nothing.

He looked at me with a smile but it quickly subsided as he went to ask Zach something.

"Hey, you still coming to my house after training," he said waiting for Zach to reply.

"Yeah I've just got to get a few things to do, so I might be a bit late," I could see where he was heading with things, as he was responding but staring into Sarah's eyes.

So I'm guessing Zach and Tyler are best friends and the most popular guys at school.

I had never cared about what others thought, but as I looked around I saw many girls with looks of envy as I noticed that I was technically sitting with the popular kids.

And I was the one hiding behind them.

Suddenly Zach said something.

"Oh Tyler this is Lucy and Lucy this is Tyler," I looked up at him as I caught him staring at me.

"Urm, hi," I said feeling a little compassionate as that was my best friends, boyfriends, best friend.

He quickly answered back.

"Oh ha, isn't that a coincident," he said smirking," ha Zach that's the chick who called me a pig" he pointed at me.

Zach just started laughing along with Sarah.

"Thank god someone had to say it sooner or later," Zach said as him and Sarah went back to flirting with each other.

"Hey that's not funny," Tyler said glancing over at me.

I quickly remembered that we had an assignment to finish by next week, so I really needed to say something so that we as in me, could get things done.

"So I am willing to make a deal," I said putting both of my hands face down on the table before continuing, " I will do the project by myself and I won't tell Mrs Owens that I will have technically done everything," I said, dragging the everything making me sound like I was groaning.

"Um, nah its alright," he said with a smug look on his face," I don't want you to get all the credit," this made me so irritated that I just took it in.

"So how are we going to do this," I said angrily, waiting for a response.

"Well we could to it left, right, centre I even take Souths," he said grinning while I sat there with my jaw touching the ground.

"I meant about the project," I said, giving my sentence an emotion of disgust.

"Oh and that too," he was pathetic.

"Okay so when are you free," I said, " and serious this is time".

"I'm not free after school because I have football practice, and Zach might be coming over after practice," he was looking up at the ceiling tapping his finger on his mouth recalling what he had for the week," oh maybe tomorrow after school, you can come to mine" he said giving me a warm smile.

"That could work, but I don't know where you live," I sighed.

"That's okay, I'll pick you up in the morning and then you can come with me after school to my place," he replied, his expression looking very kind, and for the first time I had ever seen him he actually looked vulnerable.

"Um okay, but then you don't know where I live," I answered making him feel stupid.

"I know where everyone lives honey," he grumbled back," I'm actually pretty use to picking up chicks,"

A look of disgust travelled on my face. He would never know where I lived even if he tried.
I rite my address on a piece of pad paper and handed it to him.

He gave me a nod, just after the bell rang.

I left the cafeteria and said my goodbyes to Sarah.

Oh gosh I am not excited for tomorrow.