Chapter 3: Struggle

I knew that my Dad would have a hard time seeing me,he cried, I cried. It was all overwhelming. My thoughts wandered to what happened with my kidnapper and where he was.

And just as I thought that, too men wearing black trench coats walked in.

"Um, excuse me Mr. and Mrs. Torres, we would like to Phoenix would you give us a minute?" One of the men said.

"Oh, of course take all the time you need." My mom said. Soon my family left the room and quietly closed the door.

The second man cleared his throat lightly.

They sat in the chairs by my bed. The only sound was that annoying beeping noise.

"Good afternoon Phoenix, I'm James and this my partnerTommy." He gestured.

I cleared my throat and croaked out a "Hi"

" if you don't mind we have a few questions about.. your .. situation," James said.

I soon felt anxiety take over. I didn't want to think about hell again. But I had to.

"Well, sure go on" I said lightly.

"Well, we won't be long, but what exactly did he do to you?" Tommy asked.

I quickly forced back the lump that was forming in my throat. I took a deep breath and began.

"It all started on January 1 2008, i was walking home from a friends house and I was pass my curfew, well , that night he took me and every night from then he would torture me, and when I say torture he would literally hang me by my thumbs, no exaggeration, he would kick me, he would burn my skin with kerosene, he would rape me every day, he let me starve till days on end, he.....-I paused taking a deep breath- he liked it when I would cry." i felt myself hypervenalating. James touched my knee and it immediately triggered hysterics. When I looked at James I saw my taker.

I screamed.

I thrashed.

"Leave me alone!" I screeched. I felt the tears running down my face. I heard my family running into the room. Then a few nurses. The louder I screamed the faster the beeping was. I then felt a painful jab in my arm.

I looked down and saw a needle.

My screamings stopped, I found it harder to struggle and my eyelids became heavier. I let them close as my doctors voices became muffled. And then the darkness took over.

*************************************************************

Okay i hope that was better then before and a little longer I hope it got into her mind a little more.