It's Nice To Have A Friend

August 13th, 1921.
Paris, France.
Amélie Rosier's house.

Hours and hours went by until the sunlight made its way through the curtains to wake him up. Theseus' blue eyes opened slowly, for his eyelids felt very heavy, and he sighed as he sat down on the bed before standing up.

He grabbed a pair of trousers from the shelf of the closet and put them on, as well as yesterday's shirt before he walked out. He didn't mind buttoning up his shirt, he assumed it was very early, surely Élie was asleep or gone for work. Wrong.

  He walked down the hall and stopped when he felt the fur of Élie's cat against his ankles. He smiled as he picked up the animal and caressed its white fur, making the cat purr in his arms. He smiled as he walked towards the kitchen, where he found Rosier already having breakfast.

She looked up to greet him but looked back at her place immediately feeling heat concentrating on her cheeks, Theseus placed the cat down and rushed to button up the shirt feeling a wave of nervousness washing over him for no reason.

He cleared his throat. "Morning." He said as he spotted her all suited up, almost dried hair, and makeup on her face.

"Hi." She greeted after she gulped the coffee she had in her mouth. "I made breakfast."

"I can tell, it smells great." She nodded.

"Merci."

"Off to the Ministry?"

"Indeed. I have a lot of pending paperwork and I have to keep assigning people to fill in the Auror seats." She sighed. "Not an easy task."

"I know, good luck with that." She smiled and finished her drink, then, she stood up and placed the dirty dishes into the sink.

"Thanks. How did you sleep?" She washed everything quickly.

"Not that well." She smiled sadly at the glass she was rinsing with water before meeting his blue eyes.

"Eventually, it'll get better. The first month is always the hardest." He smiled back as Élie dried her hands before making her way to the bathroom to brush her teeth, her hand fell upon his shoulder when she walked past him prior to getting lost in the hallway. Around two minutes later, she was back in the kitchen, now wearing her signature red lipstick. "Want to go out and have lunch later?" She asked as she placed on her coat.

"Sure, why not?"

"Great." She grabbed her bag from the coatrack.

"Do I meet you at the Ministry?"

"Sure, at your usual lunchtime." He nodded to himself. "See you later." He nodded again as he chewed his food. "And please, feed Nuage before you head out."

"Will do."

"Do not forget, Theseus."

"I won't, don't worry."

"If you forget, I'll know, and I'll strangle you." He frowned, amused and pretended to be scared. She could be capable but he knew she was only joking...or was she? She was.

"I will not forget, Rosier."

"Good."

"And, by the way, the era in which I found you scary is over. It's been over for a while now." She scoffed and smiled at him.

"Right, au revoir."

"Have a good day." He said before she walked out the door. Amélie stopped on her tracks, turned to look at Theseus, and she smiled even more brightly at him. It had been a while since someone had said that to her as she left her home. This scene made butterflies arise in their stomachs.