1//Summer House

The Cousins, my favorite place on Earth. It was my second home. Every Summer, since before I was born, there was a tradition that is very sacred to my family. The Fishers, the Conklins, and my family would spend our entire summer together in the Cousins.

My brother, Josh, is seventeen. He's thinking about college whereas I can't decide what cereal to eat in the morning. Josh and I used to hang out a lot as I was never very good at making friends. However, that changed once he started getting interested in girls.

Belly Conklin and I are the same age. We have always been close and have so much in common. Belly is my best friend. Although we live no where near each other we try to keep in touch as well as we can throughout the year. This year was different, however. We got busy. The last time we FaceTimed was probably around thanksgiving.

Conrad Fisher was also my best friend. It was a different type of friendship than Belly and I had but still just as good. Conrad's always been good about including Belly and I. He's always given me advice and helped me so much over the years. And it's possible that I've always seen him as...more.

But, there is absolutely no way that Conrad has ever seen me as anything other than a little sister. That's just how it is. And even if he did, I could never do that to Belly. Belly has been in love with Conrad since we were eleven years old. She has felt this way every summer since.

Another reason it's not going to happen with Conrad would be that I actually have a boyfriend. His name is Miles. Miles and I have been dating for eight months. What I love about Miles is that he likes me for me. He liked me before I started wearing makeup and before my boobs came in. Miles doesn't care about the superficial stuff. He likes me.

Anyway, this summer was going to be different than any before. I can feel it. I'm different. I've grown. This summer was going to rock.

•*•*•

*•*Cruel Summer - Taylor Swift*•*

I lean my head out the window and take in the breeze. My face is succumbed to the wind. My smile is big.

I wonder if they'll still see me as the little girl I've always been to them or if they'll see me for who I've grown to be. I wonder how Conrad will see me. I wonder if he'll see me. I mean, really see me.

I was excited to see Jeremiah as well. Jeremiah knows my feelings for his brother. He's the only one who knows. He also knows that I would never want that to get out to anyone. Not to Conrad and especially not to Belly. Jeremiah was my brother, my best friend.

We were all close that way. These people were my best friends and I would do anything for them. However, it's gotten a little weird as we got older. Steven doesn't want his little sister around as much and Belly and I have gone through changes that we can't exactly talk to the boys about. We're teenagers.

"Are you guys excited to see everyone?" My mom asked as we were on our way to the Cousins.

"I'm so excited. I miss Belly so much." I told her.

"Yeah, Jeremiah says there's this party tonight so I'm super pumped for that." Josh said from the passenger seat.

"Don't stay out too late, you hear me?" Mom said.

"Mom, what kind of teenager do you think I am?" Josh asked playfully.

"The kind that's into girls instead of curfew." Mom answered.