Jealousy- Ronald Speirs

You laugh as Floyd Talbert pushes you into the soft grass, tackling you to the ground. You roll in the fresh, dewy grass, giggling as Tab tickles you. "Come on Tab, knock it off!" you yell. Tab continues to wrestle and you both devolve into a fit of giggles. 

As you catch your breath, you rest on the beautiful grass. Austria was kind to Easy Company, and it helped everyone to relax after an excruciatingly long war. Finally, you were allowed time to calm yourself after the constant barrage of artillery in Bastogne. Floyd reached for your hand, snapping you out of your daze. You let him hold it, his soft fingers tracing your palm in circular motions. You stare into the blue, cloudless sky, basking in the sun.

"EASY COMPANY!" Speirs yells loudly. You look around for the source of the yell, and find him staring directly at you, leaning on the edge of the balcony. He obviously saw you play-fighting with Tab. A scowl rested on his face; you have never seen him look like this before. Following Speirs instructions, you jog to fall in line as he yells instructions at the company. "Y/n! Stay behind!"

"Yes Sir," you nod, a look of confusion on your face. The rest of the company fell out and went back to what they were doing before hand. You stood still. Ronald slowly walked up to you and gazed down into your eyes. You looked up at him, mesmerised by soft features. His lips were pursed in a straight line, and he showed no emotion.

"Y/n... do you like Floyd Talbert?" he whispered.

"Of course I like him, he's a great person to be around and he's really kind," you replied, looking at him strangely.

"You know that's not what I mean, y/n." You stood in silence, confused at what he was thinking, his face calm, but you could see the longing and tension in his eyes. 

"No Sir. He is not a romantic interest of mine," you replied, standing tall and looking at  him directly. "Why do you care?" you challenged.

"Y/n...  I thought I made my feelings quite clear," he spoke at barely a whisper. You had never seen him this soft before.

"Uhh.. n-no Sir, I was not aware of your interest in me," you told him, genuine sincerity in your voice. "I-If it makes it any better, I thought I made it obvious I liked you."

"You didn't, y/n, but I'm glad I know now." He leaned down and placed a soft kiss on your lips. You reciprocated immediately, shocked that everything you had ever wished for had come true. You were here, the war was surely coming to a close, and you rested in the tight, protective arms of Ronald Speirs.

Srry if it's short! I love soft Speirs! Leave your requests down below for any story prompts!