25. trust

tuesday march 29, 1986
[tw: very suggestive]

they'd been studying for eddie's next english exam for 2 hours. if he didn't love steve, he would've left and started walking back to the trailer an hour ago.

'steve,' eddie whined, dragging out the 'e' as he dropped his head forward in exhaustion. 'it has been 2 hours. can we please be done now?'

steve stared at him for a second, contemplating it before nodding. 'fine, we're done.'

he sighed loudly in relief, quickly leaning down and digging around in his bag until he found the all too familiar black lunchbox.

he put it on the table, beginning to roll a joint when he saw steve staring at him. '..what? it helps me remember things.'

'yeah okay,' steve rolled his eyes, getting up out of the dining room chair and stretching his arms above his head. his shirt lifted briefly, the older one eyeballing him a little.

eddie finished rolling it after a minute or two, twisting off the end and lighting it with a zippo he kept in the box. he put the joint between his lips and got up, immediately heading upstairs.

'that was possibly the most boring thing you could've made me do for 2 hours, harrington!' he shouted jokingly as he walked backwards up the stairs, looking at him.

'..what other things could i have made him—' steve whispered to himself, immediately freezing mid-sentence as the sex joke finally hit. 'oh.'

eddie flopped over onto the bed starfish position as he took another long drag of the joint, staring up at the ceiling. as much as he hated to admit it, he actually was worried about graduating this year. he didn't really care the previous 2, for all he knew the longer he stayed in high school the less time he'd have to actually be responsible.

but now, steve and his futures' practially rode on him graduating this year. if he didn't, he wouldn't be able to leave unless he dropped out, and there's no way in hell steve'd let him do that.

'are you okay?'

eddie turned his head to see steve leaning in the doorway, looking at him in slight concern at the fact he'd been staring at the ceiling blankly.

'yeah. just.. i hope i graduate.'

'you will.' steve said reassuringly as he sat down beside him, actually believing that if he wanted to graduate he could. 'believe it or not munson, but you're actually not as bad as you think you are.'

eddie laughed a little, eyes running over his face admirably. 'i don't know what i did to deserve you,'

'you get sappy when you're high.' he grinned, taking the joint from his lips and taking a drag of it.

'oh come on, i've hardly had any harrington!' eddie took it back with a frown, about to take a puff from it when steve took it again.

his jaw dropped, the longer-haired one immediately tackling steve back onto the bed as he snatched the still lit joint.

'ha! i got it!' eddie grinned, leaning over steve with it pressed between his lips, pinning the younger one down by straddling his torso. 'you lose,'

his hair fell around his face, eyes locked down on steve as short breaths of exhilaration escaped his mouth.

'literally how did you do that so fast,' steve said, looking at how he'd managed to pin him down in a matter of seconds.

'..experience.' eddie shrugged with a grin, giving him a sarcastic wink as he still didn't move. he put his arms back, leaning on them as he rested his hands on steve's knees.

steve watched in adoration as eddie let his head fall back, chest rising and falling in relaxed breaths despite how he was literally sitting on him.

he eventually looked back down, noticing his awestruck expression.

'..what? what'd i do?' eddie's brows furrowed, taking the cig from his mouth.

steve didn't reply, just reached for the hem of the blue sweater he still had on and pulled him down into a kiss.

he let out a hum of surprise at steve's sudden movement, but quickly snuffed the joint out in an ashtray he'd put beside the bed.

eddie moved a hand to steve's cheek, the other falling to rest on his side. as he leaned more into the kiss, he quickly realized the suggestive position he'd already put them in before.

he began to move away from straddling steve just to make sure he wouldn't make him uncomfortable when he grabbed his arm.

eddie broke their lips apart, looking down at him with eyebrows raised curiously.

'you don't.. you don't have to move.' steve said softly, looking up at him.

'..are you sure, harrington?' he said, a little surprised. 'i promise, if you don't want to—'

'i do.'

oh.

oh.

eddie immediately grinned a little, connecting their lips again as he talked. 'i'll go slow, okay? nothing.. fancy yet.'

he nodded, comforted by the indirect hint that they wouldn't do anything together yet.

he ran his hands down steve's chest, pushing the shirt he was wearing up above his stomach. a sheet of gauze they'd forgotten to change still rested over the cut from jason.

eddie moved a little, trailing kisses down his torso and pressing gentler ones around the bandage.

steve's heart was pounding, yet somehow the small gesture of eddie loving him enough to still appreciate the part of his body that was wounded meant so much. he trusted him so much.

though he noticed how hesitant the older one was to go any lower, no doubt because of how he moved a little too quickly before.

'eddie.'

'hm?' he looked up at him, chin resting softly against his bare stomach.

'i promise i'm okay with this.' steve said reassuringly. 'i trust you.'

eddie held his gaze for a moment before nodding, hands slowly sliding to his hips and tugging the waistband of his pants lower as the kisses he left on his skin followed their way down.

he didn't care about himself, the only thing that mattered was steve. that he made steve happy.

and, he definitely did.

.
a/n: this might be the strongest combination of fluff & suggestive anything i've ever written hello i hope it isn't bad