06. photograph

monday march 21, 1986
[tw: drug usage]

'..what just happened?' robin said, walking out of the storage room after eddie had left.

steve quickly shoved the phone number in his pocket, knowing robin'd endlessly tease him about getting eddie munson's number if she found out.

he shrugged, keeping his back turned to robin knowing his face was probably red despite how much he tried to brush it off.

'just wanted something for dustin i guess,'

robin's eyes narrowed at steve, knowing he wasn't telling her something.

'..okay. well, eddie seems fine. i'd stop worrying about him, yknow?' robin said, hopping back up on the counter.

'yeah, okay.' steve laughed a little, looking back over at her.

'dustin really likes neverending story that much? that movie has always scared the shit out of me,' robin said, steve having to try his hardest not to laugh at her.

'well i know what we're gonna watch today,' he grabbed another copy of neverending story off the shelf, waving it at robin.

'noo steve—'

'nope! this is for making me watch fast times!' steve cut her off, putting the vhs quickly into the tv before she could object any more.

'uuuugh,' robin whined, hitting steve in the shoulder as she reluctantly watched the movie.

after their shifts had ended, they closed up and steve drove her home, insisting that it really wasn't a freaky movie and she was just being dramatic.

he finally got home around 8:45-ish, immediately reaching back into his pocket to pull out eddie's number.

why did eddie give steve his number? should he call it? would that not be weird?

steve groaned in annoyance at his own brain messing with him, getting a water out of the fridge.

yeah. he'd call eddie. it's not a big deal, right?

why'd he care so much?

steve grabbed the phone in the dining room, leaning against the wall as he dialed eddie's number.

the call rang emptily for what felt like forever before a voice finally came through the other line.

'eddie munson,' the voice yawned, faint music playing in the background.

'hey—'

'harrington! took you long enough,' eddie said, steve could practically hear the stupid grin though the phone.

'i literally just got back from work, what'd you mean it took me long enough?' steve argued back, eddie snorting on the other side.

'you get back from work and the first thing you do is call me? that's sweet harrington, really,'

'no- i-' steve stammered, he had definitely got him there.

'relax, i was just wondering if you were bored enough to want to smoke at my place. free of charge,'

which was true. eddie had felt bad steve was just at home by himself all the time, he knew how lonely that could get.

'wh- now?' steve said, looking over at the clock.

'what, you got a curfew?' the longer-haired one said, laughing a little at his own joke. 'trailer park off kerley. just drive until you see my car,'

before steve could say anything else, the other line hung up.