Chapter 04

"How is my favorite little soldier?"

Carlos felt the hand stroking his hair. He recognized the scent and smiled. He also recognized the warmth of the body next to him in the huge bed in the mansion he had built in the middle of the forest.

Josh said it was for security, because the government wanted to prevent him from fulfilling his mission, and Carlos was happy in this corner of the world that no one knew, because only Josh's favorites were there with him. Josh cared for them so much. Carlos didn't want to leave when the weekend was over.

He loved being by his side, he had cooks, and people who worked for him, who did everything for him. Josh just had to take care of the most complicated thing of all — finding his young warriors who would help him save the world.

Carlos had been the first chosen one and because of that he had earned Josh's full trust as well as his place in his bed every night. He felt special and loved with Josh; he cared for him like no one ever had and he understood him.

Carlos had told him he liked boys shortly after he became part of their group. Josh had that unique way of making everyone trust him and soon after he told Carlos that he was his favorite.

"I need you, Carlos. You're perfect, you're so beautiful I can't be here without looking at you. Your body is the quintessence of what I will need when I return to my world and you come with me."

The way Josh stroked his hair and neck and the way he kissed him always made him warm. The winters were cold in that house; Josh said that was how they were already used to the weather being on their planet, but Carlos was sure it was because, that way, in bed, he could be naked with them.

The body of his prince pressed against him was the most incredible thing he could imagine before falling asleep. He would give anything to always be in his prince's arms.

He smiled as he felt his mouth run down his back.

"My beautiful little soldier, together we are going to restore my world which will be yours too. But for that you have to prove to be the best of warriors if you want to be by my side."

"I will, my lord, my prince, tell me how you want me to prove it to you."

"You must prove it on the battlefield, as you always do in practice." Josh got on top of him and flattened his fourteen year old body on the bed. "But where you prove your worth the most is in bed, giving your body and soul to your master. Will you do that for me, my little general?"

TK entered the room with two cups of coffee.

The doctors had recommended Carlos stay one night in the hospital to be sure that, for the time being, he had the panic attacks under control and was not suffering another one.

But the bed was unmade and the room empty; Carlos didn't seem to be there.

TK panicked. If Carlos had suffered another attack while alone and was aware of being in a hospital but had woken up alone, he could be anywhere now, driven by fear, escaping his nightmares.

Then he heard the sound of the shower running and remembered a few days ago, when he had found Carlos in the shower at home, fully clothed and soaking wet, crying. He wasn't sure if he could bear to see something like that again.

He took a deep breath, set the glasses down on the table, and opened the bathroom door slowly.

"Carlos? Babe?" he said out loud to make sure he didn't scare Carlos by walking in.

He received no answer. The bathroom was all steamy, but he could see Carlos' figure against the wall. He was standing, but not moving. As TK got closer, he saw that his head was leaning against the wall and he could hear him mumbling something.