17;

The air was chilly as the wind caressed our skin while we were walking back to our house.

When Perkyn had offered that he'd walk us home, we kept resisting but he wouldn't take no for an answer since it was dark and he wanted to make sure that we got home safe and sound.

So, here were we, walking under the street lights while Perkyn was taking our bags with no remorse. He had quickly grabbed a shirt and put it on but it was unbuttoned, so I still had the chance to check him out while we were walking.

"Can I just move here?" Emilia asked and we laughed.

"Sure thing, Em."

Emilia looked into my eyes, her gaze determined but also bright.

"I'm serious, Heddy," she said. "This place is awesome and I get to be far away from my parents who always control me. Sign me up then."

Perkyn clicked his tongue.

"I know it's hard when they always plan the next step you're about to take but I'm pretty sure they are only doing it because they love you and want the best for you," he said and we stayed in silence for a while as his words sunk in.

I understood completely where he was coming from but every coin had two sides.

When I looked at Emilia, she looked sympathetic and melancholic at the same time.

"I know but they've got to realize that controlling someone is not the right way to express their love for you," Emilia said. "They only push you away from them."

Perkyn nodded and exhaled.

"I know, that's why things like this are much more complicated than we'd expect them to be," he said.

"I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way," Emilia gave all of us a thankful smile.

Leigh furrowed her eyebrows. "You're thanking us for having shitty lives and families?"

"That's exactly what I'm doing, Leigh, thank you for spelling it out."

Perkyn and I laughed at their argument. There hasn't been a single day since we had become friends when Emilia and Leigh weren't arguing.

But the best things about their pointless and over-dramatic arguments were that they weren't anything serious.

Emilia just always liked to crawl under Leigh's skin because Leigh has always let her.

At first, Emilia even tried to pick up on me to keep herself entertained but when she realized that I wasn't that funny when I got irritated she quickly stopped and chose Leigh for her prey next.

In moments like this, I was really happy that Leigh has still been an entertaining argument partner for Emilia because I couldn't bear her way of saying things much longer.

"Perkyn, if you don't mind," Leigh walked around us so that she could be on Perkyn's right side.

Now that Perkyn has been stuck between us, he looked like a deer caught in headlights.

"Yes, Leigh?" his voice was small and curious.

"Take care of her tomorrow, would you?" Leigh asked and slapped his shoulder playfully.

Perkyn smiled and nodded a few times.

"I will."

I leaned forward so that I wouldn't be hidden by Perkyn's body while walking.

"I'm here, I hope you know that."

"Oh, hey," Perkyn acted like he hasn't seen me and I narrowed my eyes.