three, spellbooks and spellbound memories.

✿ ✉︎ॱ ☂︎ ໋ ♯ ↣➹➷↣ ⚔︎ ぁ ❣︎↭ ॓ ✧☆ ♬ꜞ ☑︎ ✐☍ ⚠︎✉︎ ॒ ゛゛゛ ࡔ ☕︎↯໋ ✿

________________

The specter twirled pins and needles between her fingers delicately, skillfully as she took them out of the newly-sewn fabric on the mannequin. She took time to scope out her work, the flowy layers of the dress being handled with to retain a downward direction, crepe and satin being used. Moxie Boutique had been invited to send designs over to New York for a fashion show, and Ris had been up with a friend or two throughout the nightrise to work. These gigs were rare— she couldn't help but worry.

The friend she had spent her time with, Urmika, was a fellow seamstress and tea lover. She brewed tea often in the back of the shop, and Ris could hear the electric kettle lightly whistling. Urmika's footsteps were heard, heading towards the break room.

"Risamani, what kind tonight?" Urmika peeped her head by the door frame. Her accent was heavy as her voice was mellow. "We have Jasmine, Chai, Biluochun, Hibiscus, and Chamomile. Oh, and the usual Black. Jasmine has only a few bags left, though. Everyone loves Jasmine."

"Chamomile, please," Ris smiled from her seat. "Thank you, Urmika. How are your dresses?"

"Not bad, actually. I can see yours are good as well. You make these like magic."

"I try," the catalyst shrugged. "But I know yours must be breathtaking."

"You're making me blush," Urmika grinned, soon walking back to the break room.

After she exited, Ris continued to hand stitch the skirt's layers, making sure the measurements were right for the models wearing the piece. She had done this before with dozens of dresses, travelling from Milan to Harlem, from Osaka to Los Angeles. When Moxie Boutique set up new locations in California, Ris had to follow, and the one in Arcadia Oaks was the most finance-friendly and hiding-friendly for an unfortunate catalyst living in the shadows of man. She was beyond overjoyed when Douxie joined her to move here. If they had the good chance to stay together, they'd take it in a heartbeat. A specter and shepherd of fire, posing as a lowly pair of messy sweethearts residing in a supposedly ordinary town.

The societal skeleton could be evil, but it was a mere beast that Ris let rest as it pleased. One would not be able to kill it easily, after all. All one could do was watch it thrive and crumble, again and again. But enough melodrama. Ris was sewing.

She skipped a few songs playing on her phone, which was planted by its corresponding portable speaker. After finding a more fitting track — just a soft beat, nothing crazy — she continued, a content night readying itself for a stressful weekend. She enjoyed peace, the quietness and lack of chaos within it all. Unlike others, anyway. But, of course, this had to be interrupted.

A text notification interrupted her music, the seamstress sighing reluctantly as she checked what it was. It was from Hanako. If it was this late... something must've been bad. Playing Hanako's name within her head, she used her aura to search the city in mere seconds.

Hanako was making a run to the boutique with the Volume of Celestials in hand. Ris' first instinct was to run out the doors and find the girl instead, but the witchling was already getting closer and closer. Something was wrong. The Volume's energy was surrounded by dark sorcery, one that couldn't be contained.

Hanako definitely used it. Ris' anxieties rose.

@raven_cai: RIS OPEN UP
@raven_cai: PLEASE @lleserisa
@raven_cai: I'M GONNA BE TORN APART
@raven_cai: I HAVE YOUR BOOK I'M SO SORRY