step mum - j.q

hey queens, how is everyone? i thought of this concept and i went everyone is gonna love this but now i'm writing it i'm not to sure how you'll feel about it but anyone dad!Joseph stepmom!y/n. that's it. CAN I JUST SAY I SEE JOSEPH AS A GIRL DAD? anyways, probably has a lot of mistakes, probably makes no sense but oh well, enjoy queens x

you and Joseph had been together for a year and a few months and it had been the best year of your life. you'd never felt the feelings you had for Joseph in any other relationship you had been in. you and Joseph recently moved in together to a three bedroom house for you and him and his two kids from a previous relationship, Esme who was 4 and Tilly who had just turned one. yes, you and Joseph had been together for the whole time she was born. Amanda, Joseph's ex and him had broken up when she was six months pregnant.

obviously the situation wasn't ideal as Amanda hated you and you didn't want to impose on the family. you found out Joseph had kids three months into your relationship and you honestly didn't mind. you met them six months ago and they were a little shy at first, especially Esme, but you didn't mind. it would take time for them to get used to it and you didn't want the pressure them into liking you. whenever Joseph would have the girls over, you always made the conscious decision to leave Joseph with them, allowing them to bond like a normal family. well, you usually left them alone but since moving into your new house, they would stay over for the weekend, meaning you'd be there with Joseph.

you'd never want to take away the title from Amanda and you were happy the two girls had an amazing mother. no matter how much Amanda hated you, you always knew she was a great mum by the way the Esme spoke when you were around. she always used her manners and she was just all around a very sweet girl, same with Tilly. it was a Friday evening, the girls would be staying around for the third weekend since moving into your house and you were quite nervous. you usually went out but you had just gotten used to them staying around and you being there with Joseph.

you were waiting for Joseph to arrive home with the girls. you were making dino nuggets, chips and veggies for dinner as requested by Esme when Joseph phoned you earlier. you heard the door open and little footsteps run into the kitchen and then a small head peer around the corner of the kitchen island. you smiled and saw Joseph enter with a tired Tilly in his arms. "i can see you Esme" you joked, making her giggle loudly before running toward you, he face crushing into your leg.

you let your hand fall and run through her curly locks before bending down. "the dino nuggets are in the over" you whispered, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear. you watched as her eyes lit up and she smiled, making you smile back at her. you stood up, seeing Joseph walk around the counter. "hi Tilly" you said, stroking her cheek softly, making her blush. she showed you a bright grin, her few baby teeth showing as she let her face fall to Joseph's chest making your heart swell as he tickled her slightly, making her giggle loudly.

you loved watching Joseph interact with his kids, there was just something about it that made your love for him grow. he gave you a quick kiss on the cheek before walking out the kitchen to go find Esme, usually she was in her room playing with the dolls she had here so that's where you knew Joseph would check first. on the weekends when the girls would stay, Amanda would pick them up on Sunday afternoon. with her, you had no idea why she hated you so much. maybe it was because you were with Joseph? maybe it was jealousy? you had no idea but to assume.

once dinner was ready, you called everyone down to the dinner table where everyone's food was already at the table, Tilly's cut up on a small plate on her high chair table. you watched as Joseph helped Tilly into her high chair and as Esme got into the seat next to Joseph. you sat down next to Tillys high chair, listening to Joseph's and Esme's conversation. "and then we went to see nanny and she got a new dog called Rags. he's so cute" she gushed, thinking of the tiny puppy. you smiled as you listened, for a four year old, she was very intelligent. she understood things that some kids her age wouldn't and it was honestly fascinating listen to her speak.