Chapter 40

Danny's POV

So I cooked tea slow so that Elizabeth could have a decent kip. But now it's done so I have to go and wake her up.

Just as I was about to walk out of the kitchen I see a half asleep looking Elizabeth in this oversized grey top that goes above mid thigh and I'm not going to lie she actually looks sexy.

"How long have I been asleep for?" She asks me as she sorts her bed head out.

"An hour and 45 minutes," I smile as she walks over to me.

"Wow, really?" She raises her eyebrows in surprise.

"Yep," I chuckle popping the 'p' as we both walk into the kitchen and sit down at the table where I've placed our food and drink already.

"This smells and tastes delicious," she says as we begin to eat, "you're definitely the best cook."

"Thank you," I chuckle as I look at her smiling.

"Why didn't you wake me up anyway?" She frowns.

"I was about to actually come and wake you up but you were awake and out of the room already," I explain to her.

"Oh right," she giggles a little.

"I like the top by the way," I smirk and she looks at me with a straight look, "no seriously, it looks sexy."

"Have I ever told you how funny you are?" She giggles.

"I'm being serious, it'd be better if it was one of my shirts but still sexy," I wink.

"I'm not even going to say anything back to that," she shakes her head.

"Babe it's a compliment," I smile.

"I'm not one for compliments and I told you that," she smiles.

"Yeah and I told you to get use to it because you're going to get complimented all the time," I bite my bottom lip.

"You're one of a kind you know," she smiles as she tilts her head.

"I know," I joke nodding my head and we both just start laughing before getting on with eating our tea.

**********************************

After tea I went and got changed into a pair of joggers and top, then I picked up my duvet and took it into the living room with me.

"What have you brought that in here for?" Elizabeth frowns as I sit down next to her and place he duvet over us both without knocking the popcorn bowl out of Elizabeth's hands.

"So that if we get too cold we don't have to pause the movie to go get it," I explain as take popcorn out of the bowl and eat it.

We could have put the heating on but because I cooked and after our meal we were too warm so it would have just made it worse whereas with a duvet you get warm and then be able to cool down quicker by just taking it off, if you get me.

"Well I need to do your eyebrows first remember," she smiles as she places the bowl on the coffee table that's centred in the middle of the living room.

"Oh yeah," I remember as I turn my body to be facing Elizabeth properly as she goes in her bag to look for I'm guessing tweezers.

"Found them," she smiles as takes out tweezers.

"Is this going to hurt?" I frown.

"You've had them done before," she frowns.

"Ye but I get them numbed so I don't feel it," I tell her. That so didn't sound manly.

"Ok," she laughs, "well then yes this is going to hurt, but you're a tough man I'm sure you'll cope."

"Yeah," I nod.

"You ready?" She raises her eyebrows.

"Yeah of course," I scoff.

With that she cups my chine with one hand moves my face to the side and plucks at my eyebrow once and I jump back and hiss covering my eye with my hand as I do.

"That fucking killed what the fuck!" I raise my voice a little in a rush and all I can hear is Elizabeth in a fit of laughter.

"It's not funny Elizabeth it really hurt," I pout.

"Awww Boo," she giggles as she doves on me kissing my face all over ending in me laying on my back with her on top.

"Well I'm quite liking this," I bite my bottom lip as I place my hands on her waist.

"You're not getting out of this, I'm doing your eyebrows," she tells me as she sits up and pulls her top of her legs as much as she can.

"I'll get myself into a salon place and get them done, it hurts too much when you do it," I pout at her again.

"If you stopped moving and didn't complain and let me get on with it, I could be done in five minutes," she scoffs.

"You have a thing for hurting me today haven't ya," I laugh as I point at my cheek.

"Yeah and I'm sorry," she apologises as she strokes my cheek lightly with her hand.

"I'd never do anything to hurt you Elizabeth," I sigh.

Sitting there for a few minutes just staring at each other Elizabeth breaks the silence.

"Anyway, your eyebrows am I doing them or not?" She raises her eyebrows at me.

"Yeah, just be quick," I chuckle.

"Ok," she smiles as she leans down and begins to pluck my eyebrows and God it hurts like a bitch, "stop flinching," she giggles.

"It hurts," I chuckle.

"I know," she laughs.

Staying in silence Elizabeth carries on plucking my eyebrows and I just lay there trying to take my mind of the pain by playing with Elizabeth's hair.

"Done," she tells me as she looks at my eyebrows to make sure they're done.

"And now it just burns," I tell her as she puts the tweezers back in her bag.

"It will," she tells me, "but it'll stop soon, and now it's movie time," she smiles getting the bowl of popcorn and sitting back on the couch before pressing play on the remote and pulling the duvet back up onto us both.

Sitting up I sit close to Elizabeth, put my arm over her shoulder and she rests her head on my shoulder as we sit and watch the movie.