Plans

Gabriel, Nathan and I all stood in Nathan's living room, with Mr. Blackbourne in front of us, rubbing his temple.

"You three couldn't have stayed out of trouble for another hour?" he said, looking disappointed.

The look didn't really work though because I could see the lightness in his eyes, the humor. He was glad they were finally done with the job, and he was only lecturing us because he felt the need to.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Blackbourne," I said stepping forward and ducking my head as if I was the culprit, "I won't do it again."

There was silence, and then Mr. Blackbourne was wrapping his arms around me in his comforting hug, "Ah, good. I was hoping one of you would confess, you, darling, get one favor from each of us."

I was shocked as I pressed my hands to his shoulders and pulled slightly away from him, "I do?"

He nodded, flashing me his millimeter smile. I had been getting used to Academy terms, and this summer I would be getting ready for boot camp in the fall, so the boys had been teaching me more about favors and debt.

"Oy! What the fuck? I was the one who pulled the alarm!!!"

My eyes widened when he admitted to it.

Mr. Blackbourne simply turned, me still in his embrace as he turned towards Gabriel, "Well Mr. Coleman, since you were going to let her take the fall for you, and you most likely knew about it Mr. Griffin, I have no choice but to make you both in charge of dinner tomorrow."

I laughed at their expressions, they had all been expecting Luke and I to handle dinner. Nathan could cook some things, but they were all simple, while as Gabriel.. well. That was a disaster waiting to happen.

"And I expect it to be whatever meal Mr. Taylor and Miss Sorenson had been planning."

"Awe man, couldn't you have just given us an hour or something?" Gabriel complained, while Nathan just stood there, weighing his options.

After a second Nathan grinned, "Can Sang and Luke still make dessert?"Mr. Blackbourne rubbed my back softly, while I watched the scene with amusement, "Yes, they will still make dessert, and if you both wanted an hour you could have just said so," Mr. Blackbourne rolled his eyes.

It took a moment for the words to sink in and the boys to process but when they did Gabriel looked one part irritated and two parts respectful, "Touche."

Nathan threw his hands up, "Wonderful," he shook his head while still looking amused.

"So," I said, pulling away from Mr. Blackbourne and sitting on the couch while kicking my shoes off, "What's the plan for today?"

Nathan grinned and sat down next to me, pulling me into his side, "I think you should stay here with me, and we can watch the Walking Dead reruns and eat burritos," he said and kissed my cheek.

I laughed and snuggled into his chest, "Actually, she's to be with Dr. Green in his condo," Mr. Blackbourne said, "So, if you would like her to stay you'll have to wait until after tomorrow's family dinner, and after the camping trip the next day. She's staying with Victor tomorrow night, so if you wanted to go with her and Victor back to Victor's residency, you'll have to clear it with Victor as well."

Nathan groaned, "Who gets to sleep in the tent with her?"

I grunted, "Hellloooo, I'm right here?"

Gabriel smirked and winked at me, "Hush Trouble, the men are talking."

I blinked, and while Mr. Blackbourne frowned and opened his mouth to yell at Gabriel, I was picking up on of my discarded sneakers. In one swift fluid moment I threw it at Gabriel, it hitting his shoulder with a thunk.