Chapter 4

After Krux got himself out of the pit he looked around. "This place is definitely weird." He said calmly as he walked around a little longer before leaving it when he did leave though he bumped into a old monkey. "Ugh who ... who are you?" Asked Krux as he was thinking the Monkey would make a nice meal. Rafiki whacked him with his staff. "Quit looking at me that way, now I am Rafiki royal majuzi to the King and Queen, now who are you and why were you in the lion guard lair?" Asked Rafiki with his staff at the ready for whacking. "The names Krux and as for why I was in there I stumbled upon it and explored, simple as that." He said calmly as he walked past him. "Heh, you really need to get your truths and lies sorted out or you'll be asante sana squash banana." Said Rafiki before he vanished. Krux was beyond confused. "Uh who the heck was that and what did any of that mean?" He asked as he went up to the den on Pride Rock. "Okay that monkey is weird, does he know who I am and if so how much does he know." Said Krux as he talked to himself confused on who that baboon was.

Once Krux got up Pride Rock he saw one of the four girls he'd saved laying at the edge. "Hey what's wrong with you?" He asked as he walked over to her. "Huh, oh it's you, nothing I just hate my parents rules about being able to leave Pride Rock, it's annoying." Said Shayla. "What rule, the needing an escort to go anywhere thing?" He asked curiously. "Yes, and I don't even know why it is a rule to begin with, they made it as soon as I was old enough to walk." Said Shayla. "Sounds to me like they're hiding an important secret from you maybe something from your birth." He said smirking as he walked off having planted a seed of confusion and doubt in her mind. Shayla watched him leave with a totally confused face. 'Could he be right, but how would he know?' She asked herself before going to see Rafiki as he would know. Krux smirked as she walked off and knew that he'd just put his cover at risk but he didn't care it would be worth it to witness a family feud. "Hehe, that was fun." He said chuckling evilly.

Shayla couldn't stop thinking about what Krux said. 'Sounds to me like they may be hiding a secret maybe about the time of your birth'. Those words played through her mind on repeat endlessly. "Ugh who in the name of the Pride Lands is that guy and how does he seem to know so much." Said Shayla as she arrived at Rafiki's tree. "Rafiki, get down here!" Called Shayla. It took a bit before the old monkey dropped from the tree. "Yes Shayla, what can I do for you?" Asked Rafiki. "I need to know about my birth, what happened during that time?" She asked calmly. "Well your mom was sick, she was traveling to the Tree of Life, you were born." He said calmly. "I know all that, I mean what am I not being told, why am I and Kiara and our friends under constant supervision?" She growled knowing he was hiding something. Rafiki sighed. "I guess it is time you knew, well you are not Kiara's only sibling, you were third born, before you was your twin brother Kion." Said Rafiki. "Wait ... what?!" She yelled shocked. "Yes you have a twin brother, however most think he is dead because Zira stole him after he was born, and we never could track them down." Said Rafiki. "But I believe he is alive." He said calmly before going back up the tree as he obviously knew more than he was letting on.