Her Blood

*Adam's Pov*

Kim and I walked into the party carrying lemonade and some fizzy drinks to look like we blended in. Obviously we didn't bring alcohol, all the kids are underage and we don't want to contribute to getting anyone drunk.

"So, I'll see you around." Said Kim as she walked away to socialise with others.

I was walking around the house when I turned a dark corner. The walls were a pristine white and there was a bookcase in the middle of the hallway. As I was looking at it, I noticed on the floor that there was marks from wheels. I spoke into the mic and told them that the bookcase moves.

"What are you doing?" Asked someone as I was looking at the books.

I hoped it was Bella because she's never met me, Kat did when I walked past her room at the hospital.

"I asked you, what are you doing?" They asked again.

"Sorry. I saw my favourite book."

"Oh yeah. Which one?"

I looked at the books on the shelf before picking up the one that was closest to me.

"The Mortal Instruments." I said, turning around.

"It's a good book now leave this area and put the book back before I kick you out."

"Yep. Sorry."

"Who invited you here?" Asked Bella as I looked at her more clearly, recognising her.

"One of Alan's friends."

"I'm suprised you read. They haven't picked up a book since they were like six."

"Yeah. Well I'm different."

"Clearly." She said, looking me up and down.

"What was your name again?"

"Oh I'm Kyle."

"Hmm."

I walked past her and quickly out of the hallway before joining Kim.

"You find anything?"

"Nope. I found a secret lair."

"You mean like a secret room. He's not an evil villain. He's a drug dealer."

"Yep. Sorry. Just nervous." I said.

"Is that Kat?" Asked Kim as she pointed to her reaching into her pocket.

"She's got something." I said and went to get a closer look.

As I was walking towards her, Bella approached her and started pulling her through the crowd. I started heading towards the outside when Kat bumped into me. She took one look at me and her face went pale. We caught eye contact for a little bit before she was pulled through the crowd again. I didn't see her afterwards so I figured she was playing beer pong.

*Kim's Pov*

I watched as Adam disappeared into the crowd again, probably looking for Kat. However, she was going the opposite direction of him and snuck into the bathroom. She wasn't in there long before I moved closer to the door. I heard her flushing the toilet a few times before she came out with wet hands and a small plastic bag.

I followed her to the kitchen where she grabbed a plastic bottle and shoved the bag in it. She weaved in and out of the crowd before walking out the front door and throwing the bottle.

When she came back inside, I dipped back into the crowd to avoid being seen by her.

*Kevin's Pov*

We were sat watching everything go down. The house was massive and looked very expensive. Kim followed Kat out of the bathroom and outside to the front of the house as she lobbed something. Kim dipped back inside before we could see it but we definitely felt it. Something hit our van with a heavy thump and I looked towards Hank who just gave me a weird look.

"Watch the cameras." I said as I got out the car with my gun raised.

"What did you find?" Asked Hank.

"Exactky what we need."

"What?"

"Drugs." I said as I hopped back in the car with the bag.

"We'll head back and get them tested. Call them back." Said Hank.

We went to call them but froze when the music stopped. There was an argument between two people. One being Kat and the other some boy we've never seen.

"Call them back." I said.

"No. Let's wait to see what is said."

"She's drunk." I said as I called the other two.

As soon as I called, they were already leaving. They hopped in the truck as Adam pulled off and drove us back to the district.

When we got back, Jay and Antonio were sat down at their desks. They were both look through some stuff on their laptops.

"I thought I sent you out on patrol." Said Hank.

"Yeah but Narcotics wanted some information on a few people for their case. So we said we would research it."

"Don't deny an order again!"

"Calm down, Hank. I gave them permission." Said Trudy.

"What did you find?" Asked Jay.

"Bag of drugs that was thrown out in a bottle." I said.

"Who threw it?"

"Kat." Kim said.

"Get them tested. Narcotics owe us a favour." Said Hank as I walked out of the bullpen and down the steps to my car to drop off the drugs.

I waited around for thirty minutes before Mark came out.

"Hey, Buddy. They're clean." He said.

"What?"

"They're clean. It's paracetamol."

"Oh my god. He's playing us."

"Sorry, Kev."

"No problem. Thanks Mark, see you around."

"See you around."

I walked back to my car and then drove back to the district. I walked up the steps as everyone eagerly looked at me, hoping to take them down.

"Clean."

"What?" Asked Jay.

I explained to them what I was told. Jay got up, grabbing his coat but Hank stopped him.

"Where are you going?"

"Noah knows. He knows we're onto him. That also means that he knew Kat wouldn't sell. She's in trouble."

"We can't do anything." Said Hank.

"I'm not prepared to let her get hurt again."

"Jay. We can't."

"If she dies, it's her blood on your hands." Said Jay.

"That's not fair!"

"Yes it is. We could stop whatever is going to happen but no, you want me to sit on my ass and do nothing."

"Go home. Halstead. We can't blow the case."

"Her blood. Your hands." Said Jay as he stormed down the steps.