chapter 2

Mark Chandler owned the greatest empire in the world, he lived in luxury and had much more wealth than thought possible.
He sat of the big golden chair in his room which was actually designed as a throne and he felt so uneasy.

Michael his first and only son was going to return with Katherine the daughter of his greatest friend and ally today. He was almost filled with dread, Michael might never understand.

It was the eighteenth of August and his son had left with most of the members of the empire who were of appropriate age to attend the yearly feast which denotes the peaceful existence of the two vampire Empires in the country.

The empires were created more than Two hundred years ago after a brutal war between the good and the rougue vampires. His was a bigger empire and the one Brandon headed was a smaller one, there were no names attached.

He knew he should have revealed the secret of Kath's betrothal to his son a long time ago but he just was never able to do it. He also should be at the feast but he wasn't ready to face Michael yet.

Moreover, he was bored of the yearly feasts that he couldn't bear to attend again even if it was just for one last time, he had lived long and was satisfied with his share of life.

What more could he want , he ruled a great empire, had a family and wealth that he would never take to the grave.

He needed to see Michael and Kath get married and then drive a stake through his own heart or get someone to do the job that was all he had left to see his in life.

Here goes the story, Two hundred years ago, Mark and Brandon were the very best friends in the world and they were both from the greatest vampire families in the country.

The vampire nation wasn't united back then and human lifes were in jeopardy, the rougues were massacring people in small villages sucking them dry of their blood. Someone had to stop them and the two friends joined hands and led a bloody war.

A large army was created and together they defeated the rouges hereby promoting peaceful existence between humans and vampires. Finally the two empires were built and ruled by both heroes. The vampire homes were then built far away from the human dwellings to prevent a recur of the previous happening.

There had been peace and orderliness and everyone were happy until Brandon's wife, Elizabeth took in and had a human baby girl after some months. It was a rare occurrence but not that it had never happened.

Even though Brandon and Beth were both rulers of a whole vampire empire, they had to face a panel of judges who refused to allow a human girl live among the vampires. She had to be killed like the others were. It was the law.

There was a condition, the child could only live if betrothed to the child of another family of vampires. Humans were weaker vessels all the vampires thought it a terrible fate for their children to be betrothed to a human.

Baby Kath had only three days ultimatum to die or find a mate. Her father loved her from the very first day she came out of the womb and he had gone too deep, he couldn't lose her. Human or not he wanted to have his Kath.

Just in time, Mark and Sarah came to their rescue, they had just had a son two years ago and they vowed to give little Michael up to the unfortunate fate. A human could never carry a vampire baby in her womb, little Michael will never have a child of his own.

Mark proved his true love for his friend and Brandon remained eternally grateful. Mark dreaded what was going to happen at the end of the day when Michael gets to know about the deal. It was so unfortunate and he wasn't sure Michael would ever forgive him.

He won't get to have his own children ever, he would have to be overly careful not to hurt the frail human girl. Mark needed to feed, he had been starving himself for days.

Sarah had gone to represent them both at the feast thereby leaving him with no one to comfort him at the moment.

"My Lord, I thought u might need this" came the soft female voice from one of the maids in the house.
He looked up abruptly surprised to see he had company, how could he not have heard the footsteps with his advanced vampire senses. He realized at that moment that he really needed to feed.

Mary had a glass of blood and a bottle of red wine on a tray, just what he needed. He gently ordered her to drop set it on the desk at the far end of the room. She did so and hurriedly left the room probably sensing his foul mood.

He finally walked over to the desk too tired to use his vampire speed, it was so not easy to be human he thought, not feeding for days brought out d human part of him. lifting the glass to his lips, he forced himself to concentrated only on the heavenly taste of blood on his tongue.

Closing his eyes for a brief moment, he reminisced on the past when he took blood for the first time, the the taste has never changed. He felt his strength come back to him almost immediately. He then poured himself a glass of wine and swallowed it in a gulp.

His thought kept wandering back to the feast, he had to be there for his son. He would be the worst father ever if he isn't there to make things clear to Michael. Without giving it another thought, he set on his journey to the other empire. Once again and this time the last, he was attending the event of the vampire peace gathering.