chapter 1

Katherine Walters had all she wanted in life, wealth, beauty, fame and many more. There was just this one thing amiss but she couldn't place a finger on it. It was like a kind of emptiness she felt in a particular area of her chest.
She was a fashion designer in her early twenties and could never have wished for a better profession, it was her childhood dream.

She stood by the large frame of her bedroom window looking far down at d large expance of land their mansion was surrounded with. She had always wondered why her father had to purchase so many acres it made her feel like they were deserted from the rest of the world being that the few houses that could be seen from the mansion were so far away.
She knew she had to get dressed in an hour or so as they were expecting very important guests from different parts of the world and it was the time of the year she hated the most. She didn't feel very comfortable with being around so many people.

Kath was lacking in a lot of things, well so she thought. She had zero confidence and always end up embarrassing herself on every occasion.
Her father's love for her was unwavering and she felt very suspicious of it, it was as if she was been overly loved for a certain reason. You know like she is been protected from a certain something she felt she would never know.
It was August, the month of their yearly feast which held in the conference room right there in their mansion. She has only attended the feast for the very first time the previous year when she turned twenty one. Today will be the second one she will be going for and she was so not herself.
Being amidst so many men and women would freak her out but she knew deep down that her father will always be there for her. She had never understood the importance of the yearly meetings and no one was willing to explain.

A knock on the door distracted her from her many thoughts and she tightened the grip of the towel folded over her breasts. She opened the door to see the bright smile of Elizabeth Walters, her mother. She was so relieved it wasn't her father because she wasn't in the mood to get reprimanded for not being dressed yet.
" The guests will be arriving any minute from now Kath, u should look your best" she began to say her curious eyes scanning the room as if trying to find something to correct. Kath was used to her doing that, her mum was the neatest person she ever met.
" oh common get that bored expression off your..." She didn't get to finish the statement before she sighted the purple velvet dress hung lazily on the wardrobe and a look of satisfaction crossed her face. She smiled sweetly at her daughter.
" its so beautiful my dear, ure going to look stunning in this" she glided her fingers across the dress.
" Alright mum u need to excuse me now I have to get ready"
" oh yeah ok I'll leave now. I just came to inform you that a lot is going to happen today that you might not understand but I want you to never doubt your father's love for you" she then kissed her sweetly on the cheek and left without saying another word leaving innocent kath even more confused than ever before.

In another thirty minutes kath was fully done. She had her dark short hair in a small Bob and was very careful to keep makeup light since she wasn't seeking anyone's attention.she just hoped to be invincible till the event ended.
Finally Kath began to hear different voices of probably hundreds of people it was almost as if they all came in at once. She was so nervous.

Finally she descended the stairs and walked straight into the room where so many adults were chattering and some already occupying seats around the large rectangular table in the middle of the large. She sighted her mum and immediately began to walk towards her almost in a hurry.
She was so sure her way was clear until she felt herself slam hard against something solid. pain shot through her head immediately and at that moment she became so sure that coming to the event was the worst mistake ever.

"You should always look ahead when walking miss"
Her eyes shot up immediately to meet a pair of really brown eyes. That voice was heavenly. She thought she became paralysed, she couldn't even open her mouth. The man in front of her was no doubt the definition of perfection she thought. Just as if her senses suddenly returned to her she began to hear what he earlier said.
"I am sorry.. I.. I.. Will just..ehmm.."
He walked away before she could even complete the sentence without even looking back.
'Fuck! That was so embarrassing' she thought.
She was almost as red as a tomato finally her eyes finally met her mum's again and after taking a really deep breath she began walking towards her and more carefully this time. The worst thing was that she watched the whole drama and she didn't do well with hiding her smile.
"Mum don't give me that look, what were you talking about the other time"
Right in favour of her mum the man of the house came in.

Brandon Walters sole husband and father to Elizabeth and Katherine Walters. He had never felt more sad in his life but he had to keep up the bright facade. He was going to lose the source of his joy, the whole essense of his existence, his precious daughter Katherine. He could do nothing to stop it, the deal has been made and it was clearly stated 'No going back'. He smiled forcefully using all of his will power his eyes not leaving her face for once because it might be the last kath will get to see of him. He loved her so dearly.