Dead Man Walking

I gasp and jolt upright. That makes me sound like Captain Jack Harkness. Part of me is proud of that, but I'm more confused. Because that's what Jack does when he comes back to life. But I'm not dead, am I? I think back to what was going on. Let's see, well, I was in the car, driving to school. Then... then I got hit. Some guy drove out of the bushes or something. I'm not sure, my memory of it is fuzzy. Maybe I am dead. Or I'm in a coma, and this is a dream.

Alright, first off, where am I? I stand and look around. It's pretty dark. Some sort of corridor. Lots of shelves and files. An archive, I guess. Looking closer at one shelf, I see strange (but cool) gadgets and pieces of machines. A file should hold simpler information.

Going over I open a cabinet. I take the first file and open it. It's dated April 16, 2005. It's an autopsy report. The subject is... I scan the page - a space pig? It's described as a normal Earth pig with alien modifications to its brain. This sounds familiar. Wasn't that when the Slitheen attacked the Earth? But that wasn't real. That's a tv show. I look for the name of the doctor who did the report. Yup, Toshiko Sato.

So this is definitely a dream. I love Doctor Who and Torchwood. I'm not surprised they made it into my probably comatose dreams. I'm gonna have fun with this though. I start going up to the main hub. Or I go where I think the hub will be. I'm not really sure.

*~*

I finally find the hub. I step in and look around. It's surprisingly quiet. I glance up, but even Myfanwy is no where to be seen. Probably out hunting. Then I hear a sigh from kitchen. I cautiously make my way over. I trust Torchwood, and my dream, not to kill me, but that doesn't mean I'm letting my guard down. After all, this is Torchwood, and a dream.

I step into the kitchen, and Tosh, Owen, and Ianto are sitting at the table. They look extremely bored. It hurts seeing them, as if real, because I know they are dead. I decide to ignore that minor detail.

"Who the hell is that?" Asks Owen, even bored out of his mind he still sounds snarky. The question is not directed at me. It seems to be directed specifically not at me.

"I'm Hazel," I say frowning, somewhat defensive at Owen's attitude.

Ianto starts. "You can see us?" He asks disbelievingly. Tosh stands up and starts looking me up and down, analyzing me.

"Yeah, why?" Now I'm confused. "Isn't it normal to see other people?"

"We aren't normal people." Tosh says quietly. "We're ghosts."

*~*

Oh my Gallifrey I'm writing a book. I'm not sure how good at this I'll be, or if this will get read, or even if I'll finish it (hopefully I will). The idea for this randomly struck me today though, so here goes nothing.

I think it's gonna Hazel's point of view the whole book. I won't state that but if it changes I'll say. Hazel is a 16 year old girl from our world, the one where Torchwood is not the reality. She has long dirty blonde hair that she never wears down and hazel eyes (of course). She's on the short side but isn't actually short. She is a total geek.

So, yeah. Thanks for reading, I guess.
I'll say it now and never again. Please vote and comment. It helps. Thanks.