World Cup - 61

Draco

When we finally made our way up to the Top Box of the stadium, I was extraordinarily grateful. I ended up behind Aphrodite and Dmitri the whole time, and I was entirely too distracted when I noticed she was wearing heels. To put it in polite terms, I wasn't exactly wondering how she'd made it up so many flights.

As we made our way to our seats, my father stopped to say hello to Minister Fudge. "Ah Fudge. How are you? I think it's been a while since you've seen my wife, Narcissa, and my son, Draco."

The minister issued 'How do you do's to my father and his guests, Mr. Cytheria introducing him to Dmitri. He then himself made his best attempt at introduction. "And allow me to introduce you to Mr. Oblansk — Obalonsk — Mr. — well, he's the Bulgarian Minister of Magic, and he can't understand a word I'm saying anyway, so never mind."

Dmitri muttered something in Aphry's ear, which caused her to turn to him with wide eyes and a smile, he nodded slightly, and she giggled. I urged myself to keep my composure.

"You know Arthur Weasley, I daresay?" Fudge said, causing me to turn my head.

I whipped my head over where, sure enough, Arthur Weasley was standing, staring down my father. I was honestly rather surprised that I didn't notice the sea of Redheads, as well as Potter and Granger.

We headed to our seats, where I glared at the three before sitting between Mother and Father.

I looked over where Aphry was getting settled in her seat right behind the Weasley twins. They both turned around, recognized her, then looked her up and down before sharing an eyebrow raise and lopsided grin.

"Aphrodite!" "Long time no see. You look lovely this evening." "Why are you all dolled up for a quidditch match?"

She laughed, "Hello Fred and George. Thank you. It isn't just any normal quidditch match, is it?"

"That it is not, Aphry." "How's your summer been?"

"Wonderful," She turned to Dmitri. "Dmitri, this is Fred and George Weasley." She indicated toward each one while saying their name. "Fred, George, this is Dmitri Sokolov. He's my boyfriend."

The two seemed a bit disappointed but didn't make it apparent for long. They exchanged pleasantries with Dmitri and soon after, the opening announcements for the game commenced.

Once the game had started and the few first plays had been made, Aphry took Dmitri to introduce him to Potter, Weasley, and Granger. Once they were properly introduced, Aphry pulled out her Omnioculars and joined the three at the front of the box to watch the game. Dmitri came over and sat in the empty seat next to me. My father and mother were in other areas of the box talking to ministry officials as I watched the game with my own Omnioculars.

I pulled the device away from my face, but continued to hold it up should I miss something and need to hit replay. "Word for the wise, Sokolov. I would keep Aphry away from Potter."

Dmitri had his arms crossed across his chest as he looked over at me with an eyebrow raised. "Oh, Really? Why would I do that?"

"Well, for starters, he nearly got her killed last year roping her into his antics," I said.

He chuckled. "And where were you to protect her, Malfoy? Trying to get that Hippogriff murdered?" He asked. I looked at him incredulously. I couldn't believe Aphry told him that. He leaned over to me. "Listen, maybe your father has yet to teach you a thing or two about making the proper connections. But all I see is that my future wife is friends with the most famous wizard of our generation at the moment. I'll keep an eye on her, but I am not getting in the way of that."

So the bloke was as opportunistic as I thought. Realizing there wasn't much else I could do. I sighed and returned to my Omnioculars to watch the rest of the game.