Sonne (sun)

Diaval didn't know how to approach the broken fae which was currently squirming on the ground before him.
Her face was wet from tears and was stuttering some weird and scary phrases...

"P-please... no... d-don't...H-he took.. How... Hurts..."

Diaval was getting overwhelmed by the situation. Then he decided on something.
He went over to Maleficent and gently took her head in his hands, whispering sweet things in her ear.
"Shh, shhh, you're save here....it's me, Diaval."
"D-d-diaval, Diaval... H-he he took it.... He not..... only... wings.."
Between her sobbs Diaval could only understand a few words. But those words scared him beyond what he had endured while she was in a rage about Stephan. Then she was angry, now she was vulnerable and broken, more than before.

" I-Im his, Diaval... I'm his. "

Whoms was she? Maleficent was free, a dancing spirit. She didn't belong to anyone but herself, and he wished, just a little bit to him as well.
"Come on baby, please don't cry, -"
Diaval tried to soothe her but got the opposite reaction. She tried to push him away, cought in some kind of flashback.
She tried to kick him away, her hands in tight fists and her knuckles white.

Diaval took a surprised step back. Was she scared of him? Was it his fault she was in this condition? Did he do something wrong?
He collected himself and slowly approached her again. This time only using his body language to communicate. Every word could drive her over the edge. He didn't know which words wouldn't trigger such bad response.

When he reached a hand out to her and brushed his fingers over her arm soothingly, she relaxed a bit.
Maleficents eyes were still fixated somewhere else. But when Diavals gentle movements continued, her eyes slowly found his, asking for help.

-------------------------------------------------
*to be continued *. *evil grin*.