Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Rory P.O.V.

I hadn't expected her to be there waiting for us. I wonder how she knew we would be there. Maybe her wolf knew and told her to be there to wait for us. Maybe she had the moon goddess come to her. I'm not really sure but whatever the reason I'm glad for it. We didn't have to search for her or reveal ourselves to anyone.

And her face when I said 'present' was just hilarious. She was so shocked.

I wonder why she had been outside though.... and it's nearly morning.

Oh shit, she's screwed. They either have noticed or will notice that she was out if they treat her anything like me, she's screwed.

"Sorry, but what time is it Jemma?" I asked nervously.

"Ummm about 2:30 am, why?" She said hesitantly back.

"If you’re the new me, well to be honest, your screwed." Ash looked at me strangely.

"Why would she be screwed? She didn't do anything."

Jemma and I both looked at him and burst out laughing.

"You honestly think I need to do something to get in trouble? If anyone is pissed at anyone, even if it doesn't involve me I get beaten up. So me being up and out all night makes me screwed. I'm the new Felicita. That's just how it is." Jemma said and shrugged.

"What do you mean you’re the new Felicita? You mean my twin? This Felicita?" He was pissed.

Jemma and I nodded.

He looked like he was about to blow his top.

"Why didn't you tell me this?" He asked me looking a wee bit hurt.

"I have been a bit busy in The Field, being unconscious, returned memories, getting chosen by the Moon Goddess, sleeping, and having classes. Besides, there it's only been two days. I was processing. I would have told you soon. Besides we are kind of on a mission from the Moon Goddess herself right now, and the person we're helping is screwed as it is, let's not get her in more trouble, ok?" He nodded and we continued walking.

After a bit Jemma started speaking.

"Wait, did you say the Moon Goddess herself sent you two to help me?" She seemed shocked.

"You can bet your bottom dollar on it. Why are you out tonight anyway? You should know better than that if it's been a month here." I asked, honestly not even I would have risked it after the first week.

"Well, my wolf drew me out here. I would never dream of coming out here otherwise. It felt something and once I got here she would not let me leave." She was getting more and more nervous the closer we got to the pack house.

I could understand that. I turned to Ash.

"Is there any way we can sneak her inside with our powers. You know better than I do." I asked, this stuff is so confusing.

He thought about it for a moment and a smile slowly spread across his face.

"We can't use our powers, but there is something else we can do."

Jemma gulped.

An hour later we had Jemma back in her room. We aren't sure how exactly but Ash did something and Jemma was invisible.

Jemma quickly fell asleep and Ash and I started to talk.

"So, what is it Jemma said about her being the new you?" He said softly because while others can't see or hear us Jemma still can.

"Well, it all started after you guys died...."

--------------------------------------------------- 

Flashback:

It had only been the days since my family died and I had yet to do anything. I hadn't eaten, showered, or even stood up since then. I was in the medical ward.

"Felicita, the funeral starts in thirty minutes. Put this on and we'll go down. Ok?" The Alpha Female said condescendingly. As though a child wouldn't understand the tone, only the words spoken.

I pulled the black dress on with the child size heels and a head band.

We walked out for the burning. People said great things of my family but glared at me. I spent the whole time just standing before their bodies on top of the wood with silent tears streaming down my face. No one comforted me or even acknowledged me beyond glaring.

Eventually Damien came over to me and spoke.

"How'd Mario die?" He had been Mario's best friend while he was alive.

I recounted his death, how he died for me. Then his sorrow filed face filed with compassion for me turned hard and cold.

"It's your fault! He would still be here without you. It's your fault my best friend is gone! I hope you die!" He yelled at me and ran away, the Alpha Female chatting after him.

Starting back to the pile of wood, they lit it up and my family was gone.

For two days I believed in angels and ghosts, praying for a sign showing me that Ash was with me. There was none.

Then I was put to work. My possessions consisted of a blanket, six tee shirts, three jeans, one pair of shorts, a few random socks, the black dress, an iPod, one pair of sneakers, and my bear. Ash had won it for me at a fair the week before.

I cleaned the pack house and did laundry. I cooked part of meals; I was too young to really cook the whole thing by myself. Damien and his friends beat me up, leading the rest of the pack to get in on it by the end of the first month.

"Felicita! Get your butt ugly face down here and clean this up!" Damien told me one day.

I walked down the stairs and halfway down one of his friends pushed me down. I was crying when I went into his bedroom, and continued while I cleaned up.

"Stop crying Felicita, it's pathetic." Damien snapped at me as I left his room.

"Why? Why do you treat me like this? Mario wouldn't like you doing this. He would hate you, he would protect me. So why?" I asked dejectedly staring in to his eyes.

"Well, good thing he ain't here, ain't it?" He said smirking at me before pushing me down three flights of stairs.

I dragged myself in to my bedroom and cried for my lost family. 

---------------------------------------------------

When I finished with the first bit of my life without him I looked at Jemma's clock, realizing it was two minutes before four I stood.

Ash did as well but he was uncertain of the reason unroll the alarm went off and Jemma jumped up turning it off and being silent to check if anyone woke up.

We went down to the kitchen because while she hadn't acknowledged us yet today I knew she would want a bit of privacy.

"Hey Felicita, when you came to The Field you said something about Ryan being some dude named Damien. Do you mean the one from when we were little?" He asked sounding pissed.

I nodded as Jemma was thrown in to the kitchen, literally. A livid Damien right behind her.

As she struggled to stand up again I whispered to Ash, "Speak of the devil and he shall appear."