chapter 2

It's not that diamonds are a girls best friend, but its your best friends who are your diamonds

- Gina Berreca

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sweat. That's what Ariana felt the moment her eyes opened. She was covered in it from her forehead to her lower back. She was dripping in it as she heaved in relief, noticing that she was still clothed and alone in her chambers, meaning it was only a dream. Those hands were only a dream. Those eyes were only a dream.

Her cheeks reddened at the memory of the dream, for she had never dreamed anything so vulgar in her life.

She hurriedly got up from her bed and decided to take a long bath to get rid of the heat that she felt and the throbbing ache that set in between her thighs.

Preparing the bath was much easier than getting into it as she struggled to unlace her corset from the back, almost dislocating her arm in the process, making her regret not calling a maid. Once out of the confinement of her corset, her body rejoiced in its freedom as she stepped into the warm bath.

A few minutes passed when she felt her muscles relax underneath the weight of the water. Looking down, she noticed her reflection in it as she scrutinised her steel grey eyes that looked like they'd seen better days  with her long dark hair being the only vibrant thing that made her look more alive than a dead corpse. She sighed and closed her eyes, thinking her mate would only reject her if he ever met her and that if he ever did accept her, it would be to humiliate her for being born with the mark of the finem mundi.

She hated the mark, it had made her father dislike her with a passion so strong that he himself had once said that he would rather see her dead than alive.  She even once tried burning the mark off by using heated silver it however, did not work as she had healed right after the silver was removed.

Ariana jolted up in her bath as the doors to her chambers barged open with Andria walking in with Joan and Bella in tow, carrying piles of items. While Andria held onto a small handkerchief as she stopped in front of Ariana with her arms folded against her chest.

"Oh, God, dear sister, could you not have knocked on the door?" Ariana spoke, already knowing the answer.

"No," was Andria's short response.

"Why are you all here?" Ariana asked, feeling a little agitated about being disturbed.

"To get you ready, why else?" Andria replied, only making Ariana more confused.

"Get ready for what?"

"For the Diamond Palace, of course. We can't have you embarrassing Alpha Alec with your..." Joan continued, "Not so pretty face."

"Oh, but I thought we were supposed to leave in three days," Ariana spoke as she tried to ignore the last part of what Joan had said, but failed miserably before replying with a coy smirk to Joan, "At least it's prettier than yours."

Joan huffed up a sigh as her jaw dropped, not expecting the comeback, while Bella let out a snicker and Andria rolled her eyes at the interaction.

"Ok, I am to leave as I have to get dressed as well," Andria said with finalisation in her tone as she raised her eyebrows at Joan and Bella , " I'll leave these two to get you dressed."

She turned and hurried off towards the door before turning around and saying with a sly smile, "Girls, do make sure you don't murder her. We may still need her."