Prologue- chapter 2

A daughter needs a dad to be the standard against which she will judge all men...

                                                                                                                                           - Unknown

----------------------------------------------------------------------

1850

"Children, come," Luna Andorra said to her three children, Ariana, Andria, and Nathaniel, "We must go to the parlour for the portrait." The family of five were to gather in the parlour to get their annual portrait fixed.

"Mama, do I look prese-notable for the portrait?" asked Andria while grabbing a hold of her mother's hand while her sister held on to the other hand.

"Yes, my dear, you do look presentable," Andorra replied, with her motherly smile.

"Oh dear Goddess, could we please stop with this nonsense and do something more entertaining?" asked Nathaniel, the twins older brother.

"Like what?" asked Ariana's small voice.

"Let's race to the parlour. The winner will be whoever gets there first. " Nathaniel spoke with an evil glint in his eyes.

Ariana grinned at her brother before they both ran off, with their mother shouting behind them.

"Ariana, Ariana, please return my child!" her mother yelled, "Ladies, don't run!"

"Oh Ma, leave her be. She is more wolf than human anyways," Andria said with a chuckle, which caused Luna to narrow her eyes at her daughter.

"Do not speak to your sister like that," her mother scolded her, causing Andria's grin to fall.

Ahead of them, Nathaniel had reached the parlour, where his father embraced him in a tight hug. "How are you, my son?" Alpha Alec asked his son while ruffling up his hair.

"I am well, father," replied Nathaniel.

A few moments pass before Ariana reaches them. Her face falling when she notices her father standing beside her brother. She quickly averts her eyes and looks down as she goes to stand near her brother, trying not to upset her papa, who easily angered when ever she misbehaved.

They are about to head inside the parlour when a loud voice is heard, "Papa! You're back!!! " Andria shrieks out loud before running across the hall to embrace her papa, who in return lifted her into the air and let out a whole-hearted laugh at seeing his daughter's excitement. "How are you, my darling child?"

"I am well papa" Andria said with a wide grin plastered on her face, as her sister stepped towards her mother, holding her breath in hopes of preventing herself from crying as her father continued to ignore her.

Andorra could feel the sadness pouring out of her daughter , causing her to discreetly wrap her arms around Ariana as she whispered in her ear, "It's okay."

"Papa, did you bring any presents for us?" Andria asked eagerly.

"Yes ,sweet child I have. You'll get them after the portrait is completed," Alec said as he gently lowered his daughter onto the ground.

The family all walked into the parlour where a painter waited with a picsephere . A picsephere was an eight-armed creature like an octopus that had three eyes, which allowed it to paint portraits at a faster rate. The family took their places before the picsphere began it's painting. In under an hour, the painting was completed.

They all left the parlour room and headed into the great room, where the Alpha had told the servants to place the presents for the children.

Andria shrieked with joy when noticing that the room was filled with new treasures and trinkets. The walls all covered with new paintings and the floors covered with furniture made from the finest woods, which were filled with clothes made with the finest silks and linens. The tables were covered with the finest jewellery, ranging from silver to diamond. For once, Ariana had hoped that she would receive a gift.