Prologue- Chapter 1

Authors note:

This book is for mature readers only (You must be 18+ to read)

This books contains content regarding abuse, eating disorder and sexual content. So please read with caution.

All characters who participate in any sexual act are above or at 18 years of age.

From chapter 1 of this book most characters, including all the main characters are above the age of 18.

You may find certain characters body shaming others in this book, this is only done due to the time period that this book is set in. Body shaming in real life should not be done in any way or form. This book does not in any way or form encourage body shaming or any other bullying. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have a secret in our culture, and its not that birth is painful. It's that women are strong.

- Laura Stavoe Harm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1842

The autumn night rain drums against the palace walls as a mother screams her agony, her body spasming for her baby to be freed from her womb.

Outside her bed chambers, an Alpha stands waiting impatiently to see his newborn child and Luna. He walks the halls of his home to rid himself of his anxiety when he hears the cries of a babe.

The oxygen seems to leave his body as he convulses with the joy of hearing his child's cries. He quickly paces back to Luna's chambers and pushes the door open, his ears filled with another babe's cries just as he enters.

When he sees the nurse cradling a baby while his mate has another lying on her chest as she heaves for breath, his eyes become alight with disbelief and joy. His anxiety melts away as he sees that his mate is doing well, and her eyes slowly droop shut with tiredness.

The nurse looks at him and gives him a kind smile before doing a small curtsy and giving him the child while saying, "Alpha, the Luna, has given the pack two beautiful daughters."

The Alpha looks down at the sleeping babe in his arms before dismissing the nurse. He was overjoyed knowing that the Moon Goddess had heard his prayers. He already had an heir, his son Nathaniel, but he had always wanted a daughter to love and protect.

He takes a few long strides toward the Luna while looking down at the child in his arms. He sweeps away the hair that hid his beautiful Luna's eyes, before pressing a soft kiss to her forehead, "Thank you, my sweet."

The Luna looked up at him, her eyes looking tired as she smiles and nuzzles her head into his neck while cradling the child, who had hair as dark as night in her arms while her sister who had had hair that looked like the petals of a sunflower slept in the arms of their father.

The peaceful silence is disrupted by the knocking on the door, the nurse lets herself in. "My Alpha, the children need to be bathed before they are taken to the nursery."

The Alpha gives her a nod before taking a small glance at his Luna, "I will help you bathe the children and nurse them." He said calmly.

The nurse widens her eyes in surprise before stuttering out. "A...A...Alpha that would be highly inappropriate."

"Yes, you mustn't involve yourself in a she-wolfs duty or a mother's," Comes Luna's soft voice, which earns her an amused look from the Alpha.

She's about to speak again when the Alpha places his index finger on her lips "Hush...my sweet, save your energy. As much as it is your duty to mother our children, it is mine to father them. Let me take care of the pups while you rest."

The Luna gives the Alpha a reluctant nod as he brushes his lips along her cheek and then her lips.

The Alpha turns only to notice that the nurse has already wrung up a warm bath. He takes the children and gently washes them one by one clearing their bodies of blood. While washing them, he noticed that his two girls both had marks. The girl with the dark hair was marked by a dark circle overshadowing a light circle, whereas the girl with blonde hair had a small heart.

The Alpha rushes out of the chambers after bathing the children and passing them back to the nurse, his mind numb with unhinged curiosity about what the marks could mean.

He rushes through the long halls of the medieval castle, making his way to the Androstat library, an ancient library that was carved by the magic of the ancestors. Legend had it that the library could bestow answers to any question.

Upon entering the library, the Alpha notices a book gleaming underneath the light of the moon in the darkened room. He approaches the book with slow, deliberate steps, as if afraid of what it had to say.

He opens it and reads every word that was inked onto its pages. With every word printed onto the pages, his body trembled with fear and sadness as he found that his daughter, who bared the dark circle, also bared the mark of the finmer mudi and was foreshadowed to lead the world to death and dystopia, whereas the one who bared the mark of the heart had also bared the mark of love and was foreshadowed to lead the world to prosperity.

___________________________________________________

The clock struck midnight as the Alpha paced up and down in his study. The girls had been named and announced to the pack a few hours prior, who had cheered and started a bonfire in celebration of their birth. The Alpha knew something had to be done to stop the world from falling into chaos as the book had predicted if the black-haired babe, who was named Ariana, lived till her 18th winter.

His heart froze in his chest as his eyes brimmed with water when he found a solution to his problem. There was only one way to solve this problem. He had to kill her.

Hurriedly, pacing back to his chambers, the Alpha found his mate and little Ariana sleeping with her twin sister Andria. He quietly walked to the bed and picked little Ariana up, causing her to wake up and look at him with big gray eyes as he carried her to the courtyard where the celebration was taking place.

He knew his mate would never forgive him for his actions, but he also knew that the price of Ariana's life was too great for the world, so she had to be killed right away.

People bowed and curtsied as he made his way to the bonfire. They had always admired him for his bravery and strength, but he knew soon they would only hold hatred for him.

As he drew closer to the fire, little Ariana began to cry, the heat making her uncomfortable. The Alpha did not care to quieten her as he knew those wouldn't be her only cries for the night. He kissed her forehead gently before whispering, "Goodbye, my child."

The Alpha raised her above his head to throw her into the fire just as he felt a snake-like hand go around his forearm, stopping his movement. He abruptly turns around to find Luna, who stands shaking her head.

 He abruptly turns around to find Luna, who stands shaking her head

Hi Guys!

Alpha Alec's seems evil. What do you think?

Join my patreon account to read ahead