15. {fight club}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

november 4th
byers' residence

in the living room, lucas and felicity were sweeping the shards of glass from the floor, while max cleared up any other items. mike was pacing back and forth, clearly anxious about the whole plan.

"mike, would you just stop already?" lucas groaned, tired of his melancholy mood.

"you weren't in there, okay, lucas?" mike snapped at him. "that lab is swarming with hundreds of those dogs."

"demo-dogs!" dustin and felicity corrected him.

"the chief will take care of her." lucas assured him.

max scoffed, "like she needs protection."

"listen, dude, a coach calls a play in a game, bottom line, you execute it. all right?" steve told mike as he entered the room, jamie by his side.

"okay, first of all, this isn't some stupid sports game." mike scowled at him. "and second, we're not even in the game - we're on the bench.

"exactly." felicity nodded. "so your metaphor sucks, harrington."

steve didn't even know what to say. "right- so my point is... right, yeah, we're on the bench, so, uh, there's nothing we can do."

"that's not entirely true." dustin spoke up. "i mean, these demo-dogs, they have a hive mind. when they ran away from the bus, they were called away."

"if we get their attention..." lucas started.

max nodded, "maybe we can draw them from the lab."

"clear a path to the gate." mike added.

"creates safety for both hopper and el." felicity concluded.

"yeah, and then we all die." steve cut them off.

"that's one point of view."

"no, that's not a point of view, man." steve shook his head, "that's a fact."

"oh steve, try to think of the positives." jamie said. "we could be helping them out... but from the sidelines."

"i got it!" mike pushed through them and to the kitchen. he pointed to the tunnels that were attached to the fridge. "this is where the chief dug his hole. this is our way into the tunnel."

the boy then leads them back to the main room. there was a larger tunnel, where all the lines connected.

"so here, right here." mike placed his hands on the paper, "this is like a hub. so you got all the tunnels feeding in here. maybe if we set this on fire."

"why fire?"

"in the av room." felicity recalled, "when mike put the lamp on dart, he hated it. and dustin explained that he hated the sun."