30: Harvest Festival.

Since the Harvest Festival is about to begin, every house went full out with the decorations, some kind nobles visited the local farms to thank them and give a gift for their hard work.

The harvest festival is like the biggest festival of the year, everyone gets to join, it's that time of the month where the Emperor along with the royal family will show up and take part in the festival for a little while before returning to their palace.

"Sera? Sera? Are you there?" Someone was waving their hand infront of my face, I just signed deeply in disappointment, in what? Disappointed that I didn't get to retire, that now I'm more tied up with those yandere jerks.

"Yes Leo, I'm here" I said, The man just pouted like a child, whining that I'm not giving him that much attention.

"You've been like this ever since you took a break from your job" for the record this white haired Adonis doesn't know that I'm a knight, he just knows that I work somewhere.

"Sorry, things at work just have been....hectic" yeah, as if 'hectic' is enough to describe what happened.

"Really?" He asked, standing up while dusting his clothes, Today is the night before the harvest festival which is as lively and festive as the actual festival, everyone in town is bringing something to the town square for everyone to share, kids running down the streets laughing in joy, couples on a romantic dates, the elderly gathered while chatting with each other, the street lit up with lanterns and the festive lights from the houses.

"Yeah" I shortly said, before combing my loose hair, I'm so stressed out, my injury is still not that healed up yet, thankfully I used the cold weather as an excuse to wear glove just so I could hide my injured and still slightly bleeding hand.

"Well, I don't know much about that but I do know what will cheer you up" he said, grinning widely, playfully raising my eyebrows at him pretending not to know what his talking about.

"And what is that?" I said, he winked at me before pulling me by the hand to stand up, our faces just an inch apart, he grinned even more "ah!" He sneaked up his hand to yank my hair tie out of my ponytail letting my hair loose in the air.

"Leo!" I scolded him, I was about to take my hair tie from him when he flung if away! Really!.

"Come on Sera, it's the harvest festival, you love the harvest festival!" He said, hugging me by the waist while lifting me off the ground, spinning us in a circle while laughing.

"Ok, ok, now please let me down!" I said while laughing, he eventually did but then he dragged me by the hand and went through the sea of people.

We reached the town square, music greeted my ears as couples danced across to the music.

"Sera! Sera!" I heard someone calling me, but because there are too many people here, I can't actually see who it is or where they are.

"Did you hear someone calling me?" I asked Leo, an unknown look in his eyes as he played innocent and shook his head.

"Nope! Not a thing, you must be hearing things" he said, I can tell his hiding something.

"Sera!" There it is again, looking to my right I saw the one and only heroine dressed in a casual commoner clothing while wearing a hooded coat.

"Ellie!" There she is! I thought she won't show up, she never missed the harvest festival, it's like the only night where we would totally loose control of ourselves and just have fun.

"I was looking all over for you" I said, we hugged each other for a second, she let go and glared at Leo.

"Yeah, so was I!, I kept calling you but someone keeps on dragging you away from my sight, geez, I wonder why" she sarcastically said, still glaring at the white haired man.