Peace Offering

Tori's POV:

We've been standing outside the door to the Red cabin for a while now, neither of us daring to make the first move. I cross my arms over my chest and lean against one of the poles when I sense yet another argument about to resurface.

As expected, I hear more shouting from inside. Jade sighs before mirroring my stance on the opposite pole. I raise an eyebrow at the action but she ignores me, still listening to the quick-fused children that we're supposed to be bonding with right now.

Seriously? They couldn't even last three minutes in harmony.

At least we're both on the same page for once. There's no point in going in and making it worse. Especially not when they hate us so much.

"Me!? It's Bree's fault! She's the one who started it!!"

An obnoxious laugh is invading my left ear and I snap my attention towards my mocking co-counsellor. "Hey look. It's a mini-you."

"Don't you dare touch me!!"

I snort, raising my eyebrows at the actress while smirking at the way she can't hide her embarrassment after being instantly proven wrong. Grumbling at me to shut up, she uncrosses her arms to shove her hands in her back pockets. This time I'm the one who has to snap my head away after seeing the way her chest pushes the buttons of her tight-fitting shirt open.

Luckily, she doesn't notice me gawking at her assets for a full three seconds but unluckily, she does notice the red tint now forming on my cheeks, furrowing her eyebrows and looking at me like I've sprouted beanstalks from my ears.

"We, uh, we should go inside." I mutter, scrambling from the pole to open the cabin door and face the complex situation. After that, this doesn't seem so daunting anymore.

I was expecting a lot more shouting and yelling the second we walk into the cabin only for the opposite to happen. Much like our very first entrance, we're met with ten pairs of angry eyes shooting up at us. If looks could kill, Jade and I would be six feet under by now.

Jade's the first to crack from the deafening silence, except instead of stuttering like I inevitably would have done, she's firm and stiff in her commands, eyeing the stubborn kids with a warning glare. "Everyone form a line. We're heading to the field to play paint dodgeball."

They don't move a single inch and I have to take a deep breath to keep from screaming. Oh, how fun. The silent treatment. Because that'll make things easier for us.

"Unless you want to sit here for the next hour." That causes a couple of uncertain glances being thrown around. "With us." Jade emphasises and I can't tell if it's a good or bad thing that they practically push past each other to get out of the door.

Scratch that. It's a horrible thing.

Two days to fix that? Might as well pack our bags now.

The last of the campers have emptied the cabin when I turn to face my fellow counsellor, noticing the tension in her face as we both come to the silent realisation that this is going to be a lot harder than we thought.

I've never played paint dodgeball before. Never even heard of it until yesterday, in fact. Yet I'd be lying if I said that the concept didn't intrigue me.

I'm sure the campers will like it despite their adamance to stay mad at us. Well, maybe not Kelsea. Or Jenny. Or-

My wrist is snatched back and I gasp when I feel myself almost falling backwards until two firm hands steady my shoulders.

"Do you want to be covered in paint?" The raven haired actress snaps at me in a low grumble, shoving the clear poncho at me and only then do I realize I'm the last one to put it on, right in the middle of the danger zone with the campers already armed with their colorful weapons, ready to fire any second now.