Three

Orion's POV

Today my new roommate arrives and I'm really nervous about it. I don't know what species she is but I know that shapeshifters aren't really well seen by other entities, some of them even thinking we belong more with monsters. Is she going to judge me for that? Maybe for my puppet or dragon obsession... no there is no way someone don't like dragons, they are like kitties but bigger, right? Uhh she isn't even here and I'm already so anxious.

I always have had problems communicating, except with magical animals. All I always dreamed was to become a mythical veterinarian but my dad put me in this school because of the family status. It was already bad enough that Maddy wasn't doing well here, so I kinda have a lot of pressure in my shoulders.

Differently from my cousin I don't really like to transform. Not that I love my natural form or anything, but I just don't feel right 'stealing' someone's look. I know that is the hole point of being a shapeshifter but I find it a little creepy. That's why I developed my ability to shift just some parts of my body. And that is really useful.

I walk through the hall and go to Maddy's shared dorm. By the way that I have talked about her you probably think that we don't get along, but that is quite te opposite of reality. Family made me judge her a lot but when I moved to school and actually spent time with her, I understood that she is a outcast just like me.

I nook the door and wait for an answer. Come in says a voice I don't recognize. It must be her new roommate, the spirit girl. I walk in and meet her. She is way more pale and small than I thought.

- Uh hi. I'm looking for Maddy... - she stops writing and looks at me - But I guess she isn't here...

- indeed, she left. I'm Lady Camden. - I nod and she looks me weirdly- And you should be?

- Oh yeah - I give a small nervous laugh - I'm Orion. Orion Story. Her younger cousin. Uh nice to meet you.

- The pleasure is all mine - she smiles - Well about Maddy she left about a hour or so. I have no idea to where or which form she used... but you seem to understand more about this uh form changing then myself.

- Uh yeah I am a shapeshifter too - I start fidgeting with my hair because I'm nervous - but I'm not really into it.

- Oh. Nice - she gives me a sympathetic smile- I'm not really into it either, just too much for me to process.

We chat for a while. She is actually a pretty sweet person. She vented a little about how she misses her family and how this is all too new and strange for her. I feel really bad for Camden. Like reaaaally bad. The poor thing is alone here in this place she doesn't want to be... in a way I kind of relate to her. But at least I have Maddy. And Steven. Maybe someday I can show her Steven, he's good with people, or spirits or whatever.

Daya's POV

I wake up in the middle of the night with a tiny nightmare in my arms. Next to us there is a demon that apparently didn't want to feel alone so she put her mattress next to my bed. I smile. I love those girls so much, they are my everything. I can't believe how lucky a wolf like me can be to have them, even in this caos.

I just wish it all could stay like this moment.

I woke up really hungry so I decided to get out of the little room to find something to eat. In theory I should take more care of what I eat, specially because I have canine diabetes, but in this place you just work with what you have.

By now the cafeteria is already closed and, despite what the other mythicals may think, us monsters don't just go hunt food whenever. Hunting is like so last century. The good thing is that I know exactly who is still up now: my sister Crystal. The bitch spends all her nights creating art and clothing, she is amazing at it.

I walk through the dark hall and as I'm coming closer to her room I start to hear umm interesting noises. Sometimes having keen hearing can lead you to moments like that. By the soft moans and blood smell I think her girlfriend Gigi is making a visit...

I sigh and groan. Good for her that she is getting fucked but this doesn't help me at all with my hunger. I start to get a little angry and that is not a good sign, especially after last night's events. I need to be careful since the full moon is probably still making effects on me. But I'm so hungry aahhgg!

That's when my savior shows up. She is in her pajamas also walking silently through the hall. When her dark eyes meet mine she gives me a warm motherly smile.

- Can't sleep either huh? - I just nod and smile back - Daya Bettika come here I can see you angry.

I do as she says. Kornbread or 'the snack' as some call her is the best. She is simply adored by all of the monsters. Despite her way of talking and beastality she is the most caring "person" I have ever met.

She welcomes me in her dorm. It's simple and small but really comforting, there is a felling of home to it. I can't help but smell it all and the food sent is almost killing me.

- So miss Daya Bettika what brings you here to mama bread? - she asks raising a brow

- Ugh actually to be honest I was going to Crystal's but she seems to be busy now...

- Oh right! Don't be jealous girl - she gives me a joking look - bitch u hungry? Cause I'm baked! - we both fall into laughter with her catchphrase, it always gets me.

- To be honest I really am hungry - I say as I stop laughing when my belly starts to growl - I had a pretty bad transformation yesterday and haven't eat anything ever since...

- Oh girl come here no one comes to mama Bread's dorm and lefts hungry - she goes to her little "kitchen" to grab some real snacks and I can't be more thankful - You must be starving! Please feel at home. I have some bread, cookies gosh even chicken!

I thank her and we get to chat wile we eat together. Kornbread tells me that she heard a new girl is coming to school tomorrow. That isn't really a surprise since it's the day most students come anyways, like the beginning of the semester or something like that. What caught my attention was the fact that no one knew what she was. Rumors say that she was initially going to attend the entities building but she accidentally killed a guard in the process or something like that. I was curious to meet her. Little did I know that I was going to grow a big frenemy relationship with the noobie.

1217 words

Idk how I feel about this chapter. But the next one the shit hits the fan. Be prepared :)

Also I love Daya and Kornbread they are my faves from this season by far.

I won't tolerate Daya hate here okay? Thank you