S I X

⋆ Chapter 6, athazagoraphobia

⚠︎ Warnings ⚠︎
Self harm
Intrusive thoughts

If a scene is fake/imagined, it's in italics.
If it's an author's note, it's in (brackets) and bold.
Everything else will just be normal text.
If it's an intrusive thought or voice it will be in bold and italics.

[ Ink's POV ]
----------------------

   My sister opened the door, walking into the house. "Oh sibliinngg!!! And sibling's friieend!" She said, closing the door behind her before he ran over and sat down. It didn't take long for him and Night to start talking.

   Every now and then, I'd get a word in, but other than that all she'd do is talk. Continuously throwing in topics so I wouldn't be able to say anything. I hate it so much. But I can't hate her for that, she has ADHD. That's why he does it in the first place.

   A few hours pass... Or just enough for Dream to get home. "Ink! Brother! I'm home!" He smiled as he walked in, sitting down as well. Again, it didn't take long for my sister to pretty much replace me. I didn't even get a chance to say hi.

   Another few hours pass, leaving it to the dark of the night. We decided to go outside, walks in the dark is always fun. As we were putting on our shoes, my sister spoke again.

   "My mission is to steal all your friends!" Was what she said. Referring to me. I didn't say anything, just held back a snappy remark and held my tears. I couldn't describe — even if I tried — how horrible that made me feel. But I can explain my train of thoughts after;

   She's joking, right?
   She wouldn't say that and actually mean it, right?
   But she's been talking to them non-stop and having fun with them, of course she means it.
   They're going to replace me with her. I'm literally useless to them, and she's actually talking to them.
   I'm so stupid, I should've said she couldn't come.

   Nobody said anything about it, we all just finished putting our shoes on and walked outside. Dream was playing phonk music as we walked. Every now and then, both he and Night would ask if I was okay, I just nodded and continued walking.

 Every now and then, both he and Night would ask if I was okay, I just nodded and continued walking

   We walked for a while, a good hour or so. Eventually, my sister ran off. I had to chase her because of this. When we finally caught up to her, we were in front of the house again. "Sky, did you want to go inside? You could have just told us, you didn't have to run off." Dream said.

   I couldn't help but be angry, "you know you can't just run off from us like that. You know that if anything happened to you I'd be the one beaten for it!" I said to her, my voice cracking a little from trying to hold back tears.

   Everyone went quiet. Minutes pass in the silence, and we end up turning around to continue walking. And again, Dream and Night ask me if I'm alright. I smiled and told them I was, though Dream began saying "I know you're not, I can tell you're lying." It's not much of a surprise, I know he's an empath.

   But regardless, I couldn't stop the tears from falling down my face any longer. I started sobbing quietly, but not quiet enough since the twins heard it. They stopped and brought me to sit down. They just let me cry, sitting next to me while they hugged me.

   I didn't cry for long though.

   After I had calmed down, we just sad there for a bit. Eventually, Dream got up because he was sitting on a sliver of wood. I looked next to me and picked it up, throwing it off to the side. Then I saw an earwig. Making me squeal and jump up off the ground, Dream also got up.

   "What happened??" Night asked, following us up. "There was an earwig." I laughed, sniffling. They both know I have entomophobia.

『••✎••』

   We ended up walking a bit farther before coming home, but it was quite dark out so Skylar ended up staying over the night.

   "We have no more guest rooms." Dream said, staring at my sister. I sighed, "you can sleep in my room, I'll stay on the couch." I said, crossing my arms. Nightmare shook his head, "Ink, you can sleep in my room with me. Then no one gets the couch." He said. I felt my cheeks heat up. I didn't protest though.

   "Sound great to me!" Skylar proclaimed, her hands on her hips. "Alright, I just need to get a couple things from my room." I said, walking up to my room. Once I was safely locked in my bedroom, I made sure to hide anything important to me. Especially my notebooks and pictures.

   I then grabbed a pair of pajamas and plugged my phone in. I quickly changed into my comfy bee pjs. The only issue about them was that it was a short-sleeved shirt, making my bandages show. I wasn't as worried about them seeing the bandages as I was about them being clean. If they just saw the bandages, they'd assume it's from my hospital visit.

   I quickly changed them, throwing out the dirty ones before finally leaving. My sister was standing outside the door, waiting there. "If you snoop through my room, you're never allowed here again. Trust me, I'll know." I whispered to her before going back downstairs.

   Sitting down on the couch next to Nightmare, I ended up being pulled into him. I did let out a squeal, even though I didn't fight against him. I was quiet as I watched him hold my arm, staring at the bandages. He didn't say anything, but he looked sad.

   His gaze turned to me for a moment. I smiled at him, trying to make him feel better. I could also feel Dream's eyes on my arms, but didn't do anything about it.

   "Alright, we should all head of to bed then." Dream said, waving as he walked to his room. "Goodnight!" He called behind him.

   Me and Night didn't take long to go to his room as well. We faced apposite ways as we fell asleep.

«𖤍»
꧁ 1052 words ꧂︎