three

Misha felt herself breaking down with every passing second, she was spending with the Khans', they were extremely sweet. It was so obvious that all their sweetness was fake, she wondered if her family can see it or not. And that Noor girl was eyeing Hamza so openly, without any shyness. Of course, she'd see him, she's his fiancé after all.

With an annoyed and broken heart, Misha slipped away from there without getting noticed and sighed in relief when she entered her bed room, she felt like breaking every damn thing in there. But controls herself and goes to make her wudu, it was time for maghrib anyway.

The moment she finished her prayers, she opened her hands for making dua and wished for Hamza and his happiness first, if it was Allah's decision to get Noor and him married, then she was okay with that.

She promised to her Almighty to never think of Hamza as more than just a cousin. She has had enough, and she'd stop crushing on him now, it was just a crush anyway, it was bound to happen like this. What did she expect? that Hamza will come and propose to her? Nah. It was just a crush and it will remain so.

Misha felt good after praying to her Almighty, she had this content smile on her face when she got up to fold her mat. And was surprised when she saw Haider standing at her bedroom's door.

"When did you come?" she asked him to which he replied, "just a while ago. Masha Allah! you look so peaceful when you pray like that with so much concentration."

Misha's cheeks turn slightly pink at his comment, but she shook her head and says, "you shouldn't watch people like that, it's creepy."

"Leave about that, why were you sad?" Haider asked as he came in and sat on her bed, as though he owned it. If it was some other day, Misha might have kicked him out but she was done for the day and had no energy left in her. So, she ignored him and sat at her study table.

"I wasn't sad." lies.

"You sure? I know that I irritate you a lot, but you can share with me you know, I'm your partner in crime after all." Haider said jokingly but she just smiled at him, he was a shaitaan, but a really good one.

•••

Three weeks passed.

Noor was officially the bride of Hamza Ali Khan and everyone was so happy about that.

Misha too has accepted this and has  moved on from her crush, it did pained her heart, but what's meant to happen will happen. Nobody can stop that.

"Boo!" Haider sneaks from behind as he whisper yelled in Misha's ears making her jump in surprise.

"You... Haider. Will you ever grow up?" she huffed in annoyance.

Their house has been packed with guests and cousins till yesterday and now when everyone was gone, Haider kind of felt bored. So, he did what he'd do every time he's bored.

That is to annoy Misha.

"Misha and Haider. Stop your childishness. Your Abbu is calling you inside his study." Huda said whilst eyeing her daughter.

Misha gave a glare to Haider and murmurs I'll get back at you later and walks into her father's study.

"Misha, come here my lovely daughter. Come here." her father sensed her, the moment he heard his daughter's anklets which echoed throughout the whole study.

"Ji, Abbu. You called me?" she smiled at her father as she sat in front of him on the empty chair.

"Aah, yes. I wanted to ask you something." her father's voice suddenly was so mysterious and hesitant, Misha wondered what will he ask. She nods her head anyway.